Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with uLCD 70 DT

Hi everybody....

I have a problem with my display uLCD 70-DT.....
    I need to design a keyboard on the display and send the character that i push to Arduino uno.....i this moment i program with Visi evironment, but my display when is connected through USB, it is as if you autoreset periodically....the display with the SD installed starts to flash and recharge the image of the keyboard......this behavior is periodically.....i think that the display is defective....
    Some advice?

Measure the 5v going into the display, and also the reset line to see if they are stable or changing and report back
    Mark

Comment

you have reason!!! the problem it's into the serial reset signal .........i isolated the pin reset and the problem it's solved!!!

Thank you!!!

Comment

Another questions........if i isolate the reset pin it's ok....but for the programmation cable i need of the reset pin......how can i solved this problem?

Comment

Have a read of this thread. http://forum.4dsystems.com.au/forum/...g-and-flashing

Can you let us know if it was the same for you, and perhaps a few more details about the 'old control software'.
          Mark

Comment

I reed the topic.....the problem it's similar to my......when i connect display to the usb port with Comunication cable, the blinking display is periodically (with reset pin insert)......if i isolate the reset pin by the progrmamin cable the display stop to blinking.....but the problem it's that to download the program into the display, i need to reinsert the reset pin, otherwise workshop don't find the display that i want program......the problem it's certainly the reset pin, but every timeI have to do these steps if i want reprogram the display with workshop......anyhow the issue isn't due to the feeding.....i isolated the USB 5V, and i supplied other 5V to the display with another feeding source (up to 1A), but the problem with reset pin , ground pin (common with my feeding souce), TX pin and RX pin persist........for this reason there isn't a feeding problem........anyhow i think that this behaviour it's not normal

Comment

The problem is another piece of software that is installed on your Windows computer and is 'playing' with the com ports. The other thread describes how to find and isolate that other piece of software.

What version of Windows are you using?

Mark

Comment

i use windows 8....... the program was Geek Squad, but i don't find it on my PC......anyhow this problem persist also with other PC with Windows 7

Comment

Right, so you've probably got the same piece of software on both.

32 or 64 bit Windows?
                  Mark

Comment

i have 64 bit Windows

Comment

Right, I was hoping you might be able to use Portmon to figure out what is fiddling with the port, but that doesn't work with 64 bit Windows.

So you are limited to doing what was suggested in the other post and that is terminating the 'next likely suspect' until you find what it is that is fiddling with the port.
                      Mark

Comment

for this reason i need to wait?

Comment

The problem is not coming from 4D Systems software, something else on your computer is causing the issue...
                          It is not the uLCD-70DT, it is some piece of software you have installed with is affecting the reset line on the Programming cable/adaptor you are using.
                          James

Comment

All right.....anyhow my purpose it's connect uLCD to Arduino

Comment

I'm not sure how we can help you, the other thread had information about how to diagnose the issue, it also had a workaround.

Perhaps find a friend who has a strong knowledge of Windows, you need hands on skills to be able to fix this.
                              Mark

Comment

Working...
                              X