Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPsupport
    replied
    No one else has reported this issue, so it's even more certain it is something installed on you computers.

If you go into device manager for your programming cable / CE5 / PA5, whatever (what is it?) is there a 'Power Management' tab?

If it is there and the 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' checkbox is checked, turn it off to see if that helps.

Another idea, try loading the File, Samples, Picaso Designer, Picaso - Serial Comms, Terminal program.

Change the
    Code:
                print( [CHR] ch );   // if a key was received from PC, print its ascii value
    statement to
    Code:
                print( [HEX2] ch, " " );   // if a key was received from PC, print its hex value
    and load it to FLASH.

Observe the screen closely to see if anything is produced on it just after the flashes.

If that is unsuccessful try again at a few different baud rates, place this after the gfx_Cls() ;
    Code:
       setbaud(BAUD_9600);            // set baud rate of COM0
    Try other common baud rates such as BAUD_14400, BAUD_19200, BAUD_38400, BAUD_56000, BAUD_57600, BAUD_128000, BAUD_256000.

Maybe whatever it is that is taking over the port sends something that will give it away

Leave a comment:

• tntsei
    replied
    Any Improvments with the issue?

Leave a comment:

• ESPsupport
    replied
    I'm not sure how we can help you, the other thread had information about how to diagnose the issue, it also had a workaround.

Perhaps find a friend who has a strong knowledge of Windows, you need hands on skills to be able to fix this.

Leave a comment:

• tntsei
    replied
    All right.....anyhow my purpose it's connect uLCD to Arduino

Leave a comment:

• James_4DSystems
    replied
    The problem is not coming from 4D Systems software, something else on your computer is causing the issue...
    It is not the uLCD-70DT, it is some piece of software you have installed with is affecting the reset line on the Programming cable/adaptor you are using.

Leave a comment:

• tntsei
    replied
    for this reason i need to wait?

Leave a comment:

• ESPsupport
    replied
    Right, I was hoping you might be able to use Portmon to figure out what is fiddling with the port, but that doesn't work with 64 bit Windows.

So you are limited to doing what was suggested in the other post and that is terminating the 'next likely suspect' until you find what it is that is fiddling with the port.

Leave a comment:

• tntsei
    replied
    i have 64 bit Windows

Leave a comment:

• ESPsupport
    replied
    Right, so you've probably got the same piece of software on both.

32 or 64 bit Windows?

Leave a comment:

• tntsei
    replied
    i use windows 8....... the program was Geek Squad, but i don't find it on my PC......anyhow this problem persist also with other PC with Windows 7

Leave a comment:

• ESPsupport
    replied
    The problem is another piece of software that is installed on your Windows computer and is 'playing' with the com ports. The other thread describes how to find and isolate that other piece of software.

What version of Windows are you using?

Leave a comment:

• tntsei
    replied
    I reed the topic.....the problem it's similar to my......when i connect display to the usb port with Comunication cable, the blinking display is periodically (with reset pin insert)......if i isolate the reset pin by the progrmamin cable the display stop to blinking.....but the problem it's that to download the program into the display, i need to reinsert the reset pin, otherwise workshop don't find the display that i want program......the problem it's certainly the reset pin, but every timeI have to do these steps if i want reprogram the display with workshop......anyhow the issue isn't due to the feeding.....i isolated the USB 5V, and i supplied other 5V to the display with another feeding source (up to 1A), but the problem with reset pin , ground pin (common with my feeding souce), TX pin and RX pin persist........for this reason there isn't a feeding problem........anyhow i think that this behaviour it's not normal

Leave a comment:

• ESPsupport
    replied
    Have a read of this thread. http://forum.4dsystems.com.au/forum/...g-and-flashing

Can you let us know if it was the same for you, and perhaps a few more details about the 'old control software'.

Leave a comment:

• tntsei
    replied
    Another questions........if i isolate the reset pin it's ok....but for the programmation cable i need of the reset pin......how can i solved this problem?

Leave a comment:

• tntsei
    replied
    you have reason!!! the problem it's into the serial reset signal .........i isolated the pin reset and the problem it's solved!!!

Thank you!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X