Transparency in images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transparency in images

I'm using Workshop 4 in conjunction with one of the LCD displays to produce a display for a demo product. I'm trying to put in some custon images - in this case, a small battery symbol - but cannot get transparency to work. All images (I'm using PNG since GIF doesn't seem to be recognised as an image format) turn up with white transparent areas. I've tried everything I know in photoshop, and have successfully created images that show up transparent elsewhere, so it seems to be an IDE problem.

Can anyone give me a hand with this?

What platform are you using and how are you trying to create/display a transparent image?
    Mark

Comment

I'm using ViSi. I've already created the image with transparent areas, and I'm trying to place it using the 'Image' widget.

Comment

Transparency works similar to bitmap transparency, you need to tell the display which colour is transparent like this

gfx_TransparentColour(BLACK); // transparent colour is BLACK
        gfx_Transparency(ON);

So you need to work out what the 565 representation of the transparent colour is. Try looking inside the .GCI, if the top line of the screen is mostly transparent you will see the transparent colour repeated after the 6 byte header.

BTW GIF is defined as a video format, rather than an image format.
        Mark

Comment

Thank you! I'll try it out.

Comment

Working...
          X