Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loading images from internal memory

Hi everyone

My remaining 2x35T's stopped reading SD cards out of nowhere. I tried a considerable number of SD cards and they work fine on the diablos so i'm pretty syre it's an hardware issue. Anyway, I am on a deadline for Thursday and can't possibly get new boards on time.

I was wondering if there's any way in which I can call the images from internal memory, as per the alpha demo example?

I have tried calling stored images the same way, i.e.

Code:
    #include <DSPI.h>
    #include <TFT.h>

extern char img1_data[] asm("_binary_objects_img1_bmp_start");

BMP img1(img1_data);

// Set up the screen to use
    PICadillo35t tft;

void setup() {
        analogWrite(PIN_BACKLIGHT, 255);
        tft.initializeDevice();
        tft.setRotation(0);
        tft.setFont(Fonts::Topaz);
        tft.setTextColor(Color::White);
        tft.fillScreen(Color::White);

img1.draw(&tft, 10, 10);
    }

void loop()
    {

}
    However, the image looks weird on the screen. I assume it's trying the do the alpha overlay when all i want is to load the original bmp. Is there a way to do so? I have attached pics of the bmp and how it looks on screen. Thanks in advance
    Attached Files

That's not alpha, that looks more like it unable to decypher the image data. It could be an issue with line length and padding for 32-bit alignment maybe. Try changing the image so it's a multiple of 4 pixels in both directions (knock one pixel off the width and height to make it 144x144).

Also, unless you're wanting alpha, make sure to export the BMP in 16-bit 565 file format. It *should* work with 24 and 32 bit RGB and RGBA / ARGB files, but they just waste space.

I actually really hate BMP files with a passion, but they don't need much memory to work with as they're not compressed.

Better would be to work directly with a raw 565 file instead of a BMP.
    Last edited by majenko; 5th August 2014, 07:11 PM.

Comment

That worked. Thank you sir

Comment

Which worked? The resizing or the reducing of colours?

Comment

Working...
        X