• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LCD43PT with rpi

helllo

I try to connect and progam one LCD43PT tp my rpi
    I want only use this lcd as command and status for 6 light

I have push the "design" with IDE 4d system but I don't see how I can do communicate rpi with lcd

How when I touch the lcd launch a script on my pi
    and how I can turn on the "led user" on my lcd when the status of the light change ?

where I can find some documentation ?
    help please :-)

ps sorry for my bad english ^^

in attach a pic of my lcd program Attached files

I presume you are using Genie, in which case the documentation is under the "ViSi-Genie Environment Documentation" on the workshop page http://www.4dsystems.com.au/product/10/120/Development/4D_Workshop_4_IDE/
    Mark

Comment

yes I already see this doc but I don(t see how do that :-)

in witch langage ? c++ or batch script

witch librairy do I need?

Comment

We currently have no libraries for the rPi.

Some have been posts that might help.

Maybe you can adapt one of the other libraries, or write your own, it shouldn't be that hard
        Mark

Comment

I have try this example : ViSi-Genie-RaspPi-Demo-Kitchen-master
          if I upload the example visi on my lcd and on my linux rpi launch
          make
          ./kitchenPi

it's works
          but if I try to recompil by :

gcc -o test kitchenPi.c

I have this error :

/tmp/cc39gshK.o: In function `clockForm':kitchenPi.c.text+0x80): undefined reference to `genieWriteObj'kitchenPi.c.text+0x94): undefined reference to `genieWriteObj'kitchenPi.c.text+0xa8): undefined reference to `genieWriteObj'kitchenPi.c.text+0xe4): undefined reference to `genieWriteObj'/tmp/cc39gshK.o: In function `updateAlarm':kitchenPi.c.text+0x298): undefined reference to `genieWriteObj'/tmp/cc39gshK.o:kitchenPi.c.text+0x2b0): more undefined references to `genieWriteObj' follow/tmp/cc39gshK.o: In function `main':kitchenPi.c.text+0xf14): undefined reference to `genieSetup'kitchenPi.c.text+0xf78): undefined reference to `genieWriteObj'kitchenPi.c.text+0xf88): undefined reference to `genieWriteObj'kitchenPi.c.text+0xf98): undefined reference to `genieWriteObj'kitchenPi.c.text+0xfb0): undefined reference to `pthread_create'kitchenPi.c.text+0xfc8): undefined reference to `pthread_create'kitchenPi.c.text+0xfe0): undefined reference to `pthread_create'kitchenPi.c.text+0xff8): undefined reference to `pthread_create'kitchenPi.c.text+0x1008): undefined reference to `genieGetReply'kitchenPi.c.text+0x1018): undefined reference to `genieReplyAvail'collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

can you help me to understand why i don't arrive to compil ?

Comment

I hope someone is able to help you with this soon, unfortunately it can't be me.

I am attaching a 'simple' framework for driving Genie programs. It was written for Windows, but I would hope it is easily adaptable to rPi, or any other 'not tiny' platform.

It is not a library, and when you look at it, it should be fairly obvious why, the way it has been written does not lend itself to be easily turned into a library. If it was, its operation would not be as 'transparent'.

Attached files GENIEDEMO.ZIP (137.9 KB)
            Mark

Comment

I'm not sure if this helps, but I'm told if you follow the build process to the letter it should work.

The error sounds like the library is not being found, is it available in the path for GCC?

What about using

make

sudo ./kitchenPi

Rather than trying to use GCC directly?
              Mark

Comment

I am confused. There IS a Visi-Genie library for the rpi on github called "ViSi-Genie-RaspPi-Library-master" (https://github.com/4dsystems/ViSi-Genie-RaspPi-Library). It comes with its own makefile and works flawlessly. I adapted the makefile to include my own code, making things much simpler to compile.

I also installed the "wiringPI" library (http://wiringpi.com) in order to port some arduino code over to my rpi.

Hope this helps!

Comment

There IS a Visi-Genie library for the rpi on github ...
                  Yeah sorry about that, don't have a Pi and thus haven't used the library, so it completely slipped my mind.

Maybe you can help Angelz, if he is still having the problem
                  Mark

Comment

I would be glad to help angelz if he still needs it.

Comment

Working...
                    X