Timed Form Activation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timed Form Activation

I am attempting to used a uLCD-35 to display multiple forms on a timed basis. Is this possible i cant access the screen location (it is for display purposes only at this point) to use a button to activate the forms. Any advice would be appreciated.

Well you would need to use a timer in your controller to change the form.

If you also want to have some sort of 'next' button to be used at any time, just use a normal momentary button and get it's press reported to your controller and increment the timer when it is received.
    Mark

Comment

how do you get a timer to change a form? The only options i can see are related to the images i have on form0 nothing to activate form1. Click image for larger version

Name:	Vis-Geni.PNG
Views:	117
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	40246

Comment

You can't. I said "you would need to use a timer in your controller to change the form"
        Mark

Comment

Im assuming that my controller will send a signal to one of the pins. When i place a pin input into the program is only gives me the option to "set" the form is this the same as activating the form. Sorry if this is covered somewhere else i would be more than happy to read there but i am a little confused and very new to programming like this.

Comment

Sorry, I thought (imagined) your application to consist of a series of forms with different meters/gauges that you were writing to from your controller and you simply wanted to cycle though them periodically. For that you just need to send a 'Write object' for the form with the form number as the parameter.

You, could, or course, use pin changes to change the current form, this would indeed activate the form.

If you are simply after some sort of 'stand alone slideshow'. Then this can be easily achieved using ViSi. If this is the case can you give us some more details of what you are attempting to achieve.
            Mark

Comment

Sorry i should have provided more details. We are building a miniature display for trade show purposes. One of our sister companies sells LED scoreboards and full color LED matrix displays. I am trying to use the display to emulate these two products. The display will be completely enclosed so i wont be able to use any of the touchscreen functionality unfortunately. I do have several micro controllers that i am able to use if necessary. In the first form (form0) I have two images (company logos) that i plan on displaying during the power on phase. In the next form (form1) i have a series of text that looks like a swimming scoreboard. In the last form i was hoping to have a video of a swimmer that would run. After the power on i was hoping to switch between form1 and form2 once per minute basically trying to show the range of products our company offers. if images would be helpful i can get those posted as well.

Comment

So, to me, you would probably want to use Genie and a controller, the controller would be sending the scoreboard information and also switching forms. All this would be done with Genie command through the serial port.

Have you have a look through some of the Genie app notes? http://www.4dsystems.com.au/appnotes
                Mark

Comment

Working...
                X