Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ViSi-Genie+Serial environment

Hello!

Can I use the ViSi-Genie to create my own form, then connect the dispaly to the host and send serial environment commands?

If you create the form (graphical environment) and download it only Genie commands will work.

IF you want to use Genie, to 'only' create the forms (graphical environment) then yes, you can do that, but you will need to understand how to 'drive' the created graphics.

For that reason it is probably better to use ViSi if you want to go down that path. With ViSi you can 'paste code' that will give you some good hints as to how to drive your graphical code from Serial.
    Mark

Comment

Thank you for the answer.
      So the ViSi work with serial commands? So I create the form with ViSi, and write the code. Then the host can use the serial commands to communicate with the display?

Comment

No, ViSi works with whatever protocol you implement, there is nothing 'there' by default.
        Mark

Comment

You can use the Genie protocol working on Visi?

Comment

To ‘convert’ a Genie program to ViSi do the following:-

1. Copy the .4dGenie file to a newname changing the extension to .4dVisi

2. Edit the new .4dViSi file with a text editor and change options 'Genie' to 'Visializer'

3. Copy the .imgdata folder to the newname

4. Copy the .4DGenieS file from the .4dWork folder to the same folder as the .4dViSi file and rename it to .4dg

5. Change all the filename references inside the .4dg to the newname (the *const.inc adn the .gci, .dat, etc. files)

Editing the source is not for the faint hearted, but the implementation of the Genie Protocol can be plainly seen
            Mark

Comment

Working...
            X