Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Keyboard KB1 Failure

Hi,

When I open the custom keyboard KB1 Visi-Genie program, I get a single line of text which reads: "Please Present RFID Card".

What am I supposed to do with this? It looks nothing like the example keyboard.

As usual, I am waiting with baited breath to find out what I did wrong . . .
    /Baran G Galocy/

And, as usual . . . I shutdown my computer, came back later, opened the project, and I could now select the keyboard form (2 of 2) from the GTX (go figure!). It "works" fine but I am not sure what this demo is demonstrating, as the project does not stand alone in any functional way.

I would hope to see a demo that, upon pressing a button, sent and received that data through the serial bus to an Arduino. I know this is done in the calculator demo but I can not find the line that reads the numbers 0 - 9 and writes them back to the 4D, although the code that handles the function keys is pretty well defined (mem+, mem-, divide, subtract, etc).

I would be thrilled (can I say that here? if someone would tell me the line(s) in this calculator demo that allow for reading the pressing of a multiplicity of keyboard numbers and then the "enter" button to "string" them together, but without all that messy math stuff.

Regards - Baran
    /Baran G Galocy/

Comment

GAWD, this is getting absurd (in a good way. Paul, I posted the previous response to the keyboard demo seeking a greater understanding on the calculator demo construct and you have already answered me in another thread.

I am jumping all over your advice and will begin studying the code in the lines you cited. Thank you so much for eliminating the flotsam and jetsam from the entire demo.

More Cheers - Baran
      /Baran G Galocy/

Comment

Working...
      X