Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Visi-Genie Mood demo works but not when I build it!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visi-Genie Mood demo works but not when I build it!

Greetings,

I ran the mood demo on my Arduino Uno and it responds great to the Visie-Genie download you provide. I even added a 4th slider to match code I added to my arduino and it worked fine. When I tried to build the same project in Visi-Genie, it will not work. I am attaching the Visi-Genie file in hopes that someone can point out the obvious. Changing the WRITE_OBJ Form code line did not affect anything.

Thank You - B Attached files 4Sliders.zip (883 B)
    /Baran G Galocy/

Baran,

I looked at you file in Workshop 4. None of your sliders create any "events". Go back to the mood demo and look at a slider's Object Inspector. Under the second tab titled "Events" you will see that both "OnChanged" and "OnChanging" events are set to "Report Message". This tells the slider to send a Report Event message to your arduino which then gets handled in handleGenieEvent().

Your sliders have NO event actions defined so nothing is reported back to the arduino. I suggest you carefully look at the way objects are setup fin Mood and then apply that to your own demo.

Paul

Comment

Greetings Paul et al,

Yeah, you found a blatant error caused by fatigue but I corrected this to no avail. I set both the on changing and onchanged to report message and nothing comes across to the Arduino. I then load the 4D mood demo and everything works. I COULD rebuild my project and its many forms around the mood demo but I would rather replicate the sliders in the mood demo in a single form of my project. Besides, I need to learn what is different about my "4sliders" 4D file from the mood demo (other than buttons and aesthetics.

I am attaching two zipped 4D files. The Mood2 file works fine - it is simply the mood demo with everything but the sliders stripped off. The 4_Sliders1 file is my attempt to build the same thing, to no avail - it just doesn't work and I do not see any difference between the two. If you would be so kind as to look these files over, perhaps you can see why mine does not work.

On an unrelated but hot issue - can I delete/remove a form after I create it? I know I can take everything off of a form but is there any way to remove a form in its entirety? Also, within the Visi_Genie architecture, is there any possibility of a future edition where entire forms can be copied, or cut-and-pasted? This would ease the time involved in copying and pasting individual aspects of a form, one at a time. One final relevant (to today) question: When I cntl/ins a widget to copy it from one form to another, is there a way to automatically place (locate it) on the new form in the exact location it occupied on the previous form? I am currently pasting and then going into the Property Inspector to adjust the left and top settings.

Thanks Again - B. Attached files 4_Sliders1.zip (904 B) mood2.zip (880.8 KB)
      /Baran G Galocy/

Comment

Baran,

The issue may be in your Arduino code. Can you please attach a copy of your code. I also noticed that the Project "Comms Speed" on the 4_Sliders1 file is set to 9600. Is this what you set in your code?

I delete a form by removing all the objects then clicking anywhere on the form to select it and pushing the DEL key on my keyboard. Otherwise, it is not so obvious to do.

As for the other requests which I fully agree with, Support will have to answer those.

Paul

Comment

Hi Paul,

"My Hero . . . " Well, I'm not going to gush over such stuff but thanks, again! I NEVER considered checking the tab that revealed the BAUD rate of the 4D project. When I corrected that, my ORIGINAL 4D project started working, just as I originally expected. I especially appreciate the tip on deleting unnecessary forms. You are right - totally unobvious . . . logical, but not obvious. As for the other requests, I'm not expecting miracles but I always want to make certain that I am playing with a full deck.

Regards - B
          /Baran G Galocy/

Comment

Working...
          X