X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPsupport
    replied

The manual says

The keyword is 'can', as per the example it returns the 'actual' value. Values range from 0 to max-min+1 as the numbers always start at zero.

You can often make a valued judgement about whether to update the uSD 'every time', this cuts out on that part of the cycle.

Those earlier posts about an emulator were very premature, there were just too many bits and pieces that did not 'fit in' with the way windows does things.

Leave a comment:

• Director
    replied

ESP Support - Thanks for the prompt reply and truly value your responsiveness.

To continue:
    ONE:
    The "Visi-Genie Reference Manual" under "slider" on page 23 mentions the range from 0 to 65535. Please explain.

TWO:
    An emulator will speed up development, really! :-)
    At the very least you will not need to shuttle the uSD back and forth between computer and LCD.
    Earlier posts in this forum had mentioned that the emulator was under development - but that was a few years ago. Any comment from management?

Leave a comment:

• ESPsupport
    replied

For a slider of 0 to 100, the values returned will be 0 to 100, not sure what you are looking at in the manual.

If I set up such a slider GTX returns
    Slider Change 09:17:59.224 [07 04 00 00 00 03]
    for the minimum value (0x0000 = dec 0)

and
    Slider Change 09:18:02.762 [07 04 00 00 64 67]
    for the maximum value (0x0064 = dec 100)

Sorry there is no emulator and it wouldn't appear to ease up much at all, really.

Leave a comment:

• Director
    started a topic Values returned by slider

Values returned by slider

I like your interface and very impressed by what is possible with No coding at all. Really like the product. I am using 32PTU

Two questions:

ONE:
    I am trying to determine the values sent to the serial port through the slider.
    I have 1 Slider and 1 LED-digits. The OnChanged of slider goes to LEDigits: The value at lowest position is "0" and the highest position "100". This is fine.
    When I use the GTX to determine the value at lowest position of slider it shows 00 02 (Hex: MSB LSB). Decimal: close to Zero - Fine.
    However, at the Highest position it shows : (Decimal) ~25000. The Manual says it should be 1 - 65536.

This should be FF FF (hex). Why this discrepancy? What gives ?

TWO:
    Is it possible to get an emulator for the various displays ? This will ease up the trouble shooting immensely. Any plans to create one ?
Working...
X