Bug in putnum() format codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug in putnum() format codes

There appears to be a bug in the format codes for the putnum (and print) function. If I use the [HEX4Z] format code, the number is printed without the leading zeros. If I use the numeric format code [0x1410], the number is printed as expected.

I think there is a mismatch in the PICASOFUNCTIONS.FNC file:

// hex, with leading zero's
    HEX 0x1410 // hex, 4 digits, leading zeroes
    HEX1 0x1110 // hex, 1 digit, leading zeroes
    HEX2 0x1210 // hex, 2 digits, leading zeroes
    HEX3 0x1310 // hex, 3 digits, leading zeroes
    HEX4 0x1410 // hex, 4 digits, leading zeroes

// hex, no leading zero's
    HEXZ 0x0410 // hex, 4 digits, no leading zeroes
    HEX1Z 0x0110 // hex, 1 digit, no leading zeroes
    HEX2Z 0x0210 // hex, 2 digits, no leading zeroes
    HEX3Z 0x0310 // hex, 3 digits, no leading zeroes
    HEX4Z 0x0410 // hex, 4 digits, no leading zeroes

Regards,
    Valentin

As odd as it may seem, it is working as designed.

HEX is normally written with leading zeros, hence [HEX] has them and [HEXZ] doesn't

DEC is the other way around.

Hence HEX and DEC are the 'normal' representations and HEXZ and DECZ are the opposite, perhaps reverZe normal.
    Mark

Comment

If you look in this way, then it is fine. Nevertheless, I would suggest that you put a description of each format in the Internal functions manual, otherwise you have to guess what the format means. I was guessing and my guess was wrong...

Regards,
      Valentin

Comment

And what about BIN numbers? They are normally without leading zeros like DEC? I don't think so ...

Please at least write samples below corresponding constant names to Internal Function Manuals !

And I vote to make a new self descriptive constants like DEC2, DEC02, DEC_2, HEX2, HEX02, HEX_2, BIN8, BIN08, BIN_8 etc.
        But the problem is with todays HEX2 which should be without leading zeros ...
        If you don't like to make a compatibility switch, the new constants should be in a form Dec2, Hex2, etc.

Regards
        Miroslav

Comment

Working...
        X