Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAW mode -- receive buffer size at the uController end of serial line

Hi All,

I have good luck taking a RAW image into memory array when I set my receive buffer size equal to the size of the incoming RAW image from the uCam-TTL. For example an 80x60x2bit grayscale raw image is 1200 bytes. If I set my serial receive buffer size to 1200 I get the image in perfectly.
    However if I leave the serial receive buffer at itys default 64 bytes ( 64 bytes in my case, leaflabs Maple uController ) I get what appears to be a small section of the image repeating over and over again.

So, my question: is it required to set the serial receive buffer size at least as big as the RAW image to be captured ?

Thanks

That would seem to be a characteristic of your uController and the way it handles whatever is happening (Buffer overrun?)

Remember the Camera has no idea what is going on in your uController, it just pumps the picture over the TTL line.
    Mark

Comment

Thanks ESPsupport,

I will look in detail at the uController handles the buffer, and how the user( me ) should be programming it --which is more than likely the problem.

Seán

Comment

Working...
      X