Play Video with image and sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Play Video with image and sound

Is it possible to make a program in Visi Genie, where you can play a video that has image with sound?

How?

I need to play an advertising video on the display uLCD-24PTU all the time.

Thanks.

Sound and video are separate.

But if you start the sound first and then the video they will both 'appear' to play together.
    Mark

Comment

Thanks for your answer.

I have another question, because I made two applications, one in VISI Genie, and another in VISI, but the time of the video play was faster in VISIE GENIE than VISI. Why?

When I use VISIE GENIE , the video play is 17 seg. aprox, this is correct, but in VISIE, the video play is 35 seg aprox.

The video has 167 frames and I use un frame delay of 100 ms, then the total time for video play should be 16.7 seg.

I try to attach my project in VISI but I can't because the file exceds the maximum file size to attach.

Comment

Can't imagine why there should be much difference, but ahhh, have you got the sound on in the ViSi program? That slows the video down a LOT.

You can email me the project if that's not what's going on. mark at 4dsystems dot com dot au
        Mark

Comment

You are delaying for 100ms after each frame is written, this gives you a total delay of 100ms PLUS the time it takes to display a frame.

So a more accurate way to do this would be

for (frame:=0; frame
          Mark

Comment

With these change, the time of video play in VISI was OK.

Thanks a lot.

Now I have another problem in VISI Genie, when I try to play the sound and video together.

When I play only audio, the audio file sounds good but when I start sound first and then the video, the audio file sounds bad as if the processor does not have time to play audio and video together.

I am using VISI GENIE Communication Protocol to play the sound and run the timer of the video.

Could you help me, please?

Thanks.

Comment

the audio file sounds bad as if the processor does not have time to play audio and video together.
              That's a good way to describe it.

Make sure the Audio is as 'simple' as possible (i.e. 8bit mono and as low a datarate as sounds acceptable)

If you still have problems up the sound buffer size, one step at a time until it sounds correct.
              Mark

Comment

Hi,

I am testing with a audio file mono, 8bits, 8000 audio rate, 8000 byte rate but I still have the same problem when I play video and audio together.

I am attaching the audio file.

How I change the sound buffer size in Visi Genie?

Thanks.

Attached files LIGHTNINmred.wav.zip (95.7 KB)

Comment

How I change the sound buffer size in Visi Genie?
                  Project tab, sound buffer, then use the Down Arrow on the RHS.
                  Mark

Comment

Thanks.

Now, the sound is fine.

Comment

Working...
                    X