Multi drop control of displays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi drop control of displays

I would like to drive multiple displays (3) from a single micro processor.

Is there any of the displays that have a serial interface which enables multi-dropping from a single serial interface.

The Displays will receive very few data elements and at a low rate 1-2 Hz.

Thanks in advance.

There's no exact serial interface samples that do this, but several users have done this in the past with their own protocol

They have been using the com_TXbuffer() turnaround pin to enable the addressed module to respond, and either the designer or ViSi environment to program.
    Mark

Comment

Thanks but could you please elaborate on the physical interconnect?

I assume that the Tx from the uProcessor goes to the Rx of all the displays?

But what about the returns? Txs from the 3 Displays?

Thanks in advance

Comment

You need to use the turnaround pin to gate the TX of each display so that only the one currently transmitting will be connected to TX.
        Mark

Comment

I did try to find the "turnaround pin" in the Specification but failed hence my question.

So do you series connect all the Txs and use a discrete from each display to control who transmits? Or?

Sorry for this simple question

Thanks again

Comment

Look at com_TXbuffer() in the internal functions manual, you connect the "Turnaround pin" to a tristate buffer to enable the serial output.

Of course, if you were using a fairly low baud rate you could use an Open Collector buffer and not use the 'turnaround pin'.
            Mark

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X