Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPsupport
    replied
    Surely you can find someone a bit closer? http://www.4dsystems.com.au/distributors

You need the cable to program the display or load PmmCs.

We don't recommend using 'someone elses' USB to serial converter as you can brick your display. But if you must you will need a converter that outputs DTR so that you can manipulate the reset line.

Leave a comment:

• webdirector
    replied
    Hello, can I use a standard USB to serial UART for this ?
    as the product cost 20$ and shipping costs 36$ to Europe

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• nikle
    replied

yes finally I used the uUSB-PA5 cable and now the kitchenPi works perfectly on the LCD-43PT . I just was wondering how to start the application kitchenPi when I switch on the raspberry , I'm searching on the raspberry forum but does not seem anything works .
    Anyway the LCD work thanks

Leave a comment:

• ESPsupport
    replied

I can't answer your first question.

2. To compile and load using workshop requires the programming cable. To run, on any particular host, does not.

3. Any sized FAT16 (or FAT) formatted card will work

4. A 16GB card will need to be partitioned so that the first partition is a maximum of 4GB and that partition needs to be formatted as FAT16 (or FAT). See App note P1001 http://www.4dsystems.com.au/appnotes/

Leave a comment:

• webdirector
    replied

Hello,

I have the same issue, could you please post how you solved this ?

In VisiGenie i used under "Projects" the version " uSD" so when i complie the progrem it just compiles and copies the program to micro sd in one go. Is this OK or do I always need to use the programming cable ?

Also can I use 512MB micro sd or does it have to be 2GB or 4 GB ?

Can I use a 16 GB micro SD ?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• ESPsupport
    replied

I think you will have to try the Pi forums for that part.

Does the app actually start, but not the display?

If so, maybe a delay is needed?

Leave a comment:

• nikle
    replied

finally it works! genieBasic and also the kitchenPi .
    But I wish to start at bootup
    I used .config/autostart
    nano kitchenPi.desktop

[Desktop Entry]
    Type=Application
    Name=kitchenPi
    Exec=kitchenPi
    StartupNotify=false

it does not start after bootup

Leave a comment:

• Doff
    replied

Correct. In general, only the graphics files are copied to the uSD card. You need a programming module to program the display module. When the program runs on the display module, it accesses the graphics files in the uSD card.

Leave a comment:

• nikle
    replied

Hi! thanks for your kindly reply. Sorry I'm not using any programming cable . I thought that download with workshop the files in the microSD card was enough . So I need also a programming cable to programm the
    uLCD-43PT. That the reason why it displays always the SPE application splash screen

Leave a comment:

• Doff
    replied

I do not understand why my lcd does not display neither the genieRasPi-WS4-Demo.4DWork. as you told me

Yes, it's very odd that the display does not show the genieRaspi-WS4-Demo program. It displays the SPE application splash screen instead. As a quick test can you answer the following questions:

1. What are you using to program the uLCD-43PT? Are you using a uUSB-PA5 or a 4D USB Programming cable? You should be using one of these. Check this page: http://www.4dsystems.com.au/group/17/Accessories/

2. For this part:
    Today I formatted the 2 Gb microSD, load genieRasPi-WS4-Demo.4DWork in the micro SD succesfully (please see image n.2)
    Can you check the following highlighted items in your Workshop?

Under the Comms menu the button should be in blue. Make sure that you use the allocated com port. The target display should also be indicated. In the image above the uUSB-PA5 programming module is using com port 38, and the target display is a uLCD-32PTU. Yours should display the allocated com port and the target "uLCD-43PT".

After having successfully built and downloaded the program to the display module, you should see the text "Download to Flash successful" in the message area.

Under the Project menu, the Destination should be Flash.

Before transferring your uSD card to the display module, see that it contains the necessary files.

These are all in 4D-AN-P4023_ViSi-Genie_Connecting_a_4D_Display_to_the_Raspberry_Pi_REV1.0.pdf but can you double check them just to be sure?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• nikle
    replied

instead if I connect the SD card to the raspberry and power on the raspberry it starts raspian open the desktop normally, but the uLCD-43PT-PI connected to the raspberry with inside the microSD (with genieRasPi-WS4-Demo.4DWork) show that image (please see image)
    Attached files

Leave a comment:

• nikle
    replied

Hi , long time I did not make any test on my uLCD-43PT-PI, unfortunately this is not a job , but a free time amusment. Anyway today I make some test, but no progress.
    I do not understand why my lcd does not display neither the genieRasPi-WS4-Demo.4DWork. as you told me
    Today I formatted the 2 Gb microSD, load genieRasPi-WS4-Demo.4DWork in the micro SD
    succesfully (please see image n.2)
    Put the micro Sd inside the uLCD-43PT-PI . Connected the uLCD-43PT-PI to raspberry , power on the raspberry without its SD card so it does not starts . Following your suggestions the
    uLCD-43PT-PI must display the genieRasPi-WS4-Demo.4DWork ...but no
    I see always the same image (please see image n.3)
    Attached files

Leave a comment:

• Doff
    replied

Hello,

if I do not connect the uLCD-43PT-PI to my Raspberry Pi I can not power the
    uLCD-43PT-PI.
    Yes, of course. Also, the uLCD-43PT should power up when connected to the PC via a programming module. By the way, what programming module are you using to program the uLCD-43PT - the uUSB-PA5 or the 4D USB programming cable?

Anyway if I power on the Raspberry without SD card and uLCD-43PT-PI connected to raspberry I can see the following image on the LCD , please see the attached file 2013-09-28 13.28.51.jpg

At this point, the uLCD-43PT should display Form0 of the kitchenPi demo (see the attached image ) and not the SPE splash screen as you have shown.

More over I have followed the instructions on
    4D-AN-P4023_ViSi-Genie_Connecting_a_4D_Display_to_the_Raspberry_Pi_REV1.0.pff
    on raspberry running kitchenPi i obtain that in picture
    4D-AN-P4023 does not exactly discuss how to make the kitchenPi demo work. Instead, it discusses how to make the Genie project "genieRasPi-WS4-Demo" work with the Raspberry Pi. The kitchenPi demo is composed of 8 forms and close to a hundred objects. It is therefore difficult to document it. The "genieRasPi-WS4-Demo" project, on the other hand, is a single-form project with only four objects.

If you download and open the zip file for 4D-AN-P4023, you can see three items:

1) The Genie program folder - this contains the simple Genie application for the app note (genieRasPi-WS4-Demo). This will be loaded to the uLCD-43PT.-color: #f7f7f7;">
    2) The source code folder - this contains the Raspberry Pi code. This will run on the Raspberry Pi.
    3) The pdf file "4D-AN-P4023_ViSi-Genie_Connecting_a_4D_Display_to_the_Raspberry_Pi_REV1.0". This document contains instructions on how to make the application work.

It is strongly recommended that you first make the application described in 4D-AN-P4023 work on your uLCD-43PT and Raspberry Pi. After making sure that "genieRasPi-WS4-Demo" works, then proceed to working with the more complex kitchenPi demo. If there is anything unclear in the app notes, please inform us.

Thank you and regards.

Leave a comment:

• nikle
    replied

More over I have followed the instructions on
    4D-AN-P4023_ViSi-Genie_Connecting_a_4D_Display_to_the_Raspberry_Pi_REV1.0.pff
    on raspberry running kitchenPi i obtain that in picture
    but the uLCD-43PT-PI do nothing !
    please see photo
    Any suggestion , what have I missed?

Attached files

Leave a comment:

• nikle
    replied

Hi
    if I do not connect the uLCD-43PT-PI to my Raspberry Pi I can not power the
    uLCD-43PT-PI.
    Anyway if I power on the Raspberry without SD card and uLCD-43PT-PI connected to raspberry I can see the following image on the LCD , please see the attached file 2013-09-28 13.28.51.jpg

Attached files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X