X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark G
    started a topic Device is not responding

Device is not responding

OK - just 'inherited' a project where we are trying to use uLCD-43PT... I am struggling to get my host-target environment working at all at the minute!

First thing - check my serial connection, so in Workshop4's Tools=>Terminal9600 window, we can type "001803686900" into the Send Hex window, and get "hi" on the display, and a nice "06 00 03" returned back on the serial line.

So I'm assuming a good programming connection etc....

Next thing - create a dummy project in the Visi environment, and without making any changes just go to the "Comms" window. Try as I might, I cannot get the device to connect - just a Yellow Circle every time we re-scan, and the a Red Circle with the "Device is not responding" message.

(I have checked the TX line with a scope, and it looks as if the Workshop4 does some sort of 'auto-baud' sequence when you first click, which is going through... Our display then responds with a byte of data when it gets to 9600, but the Workshop4 environment does not recognise this as being valid.

Any clues where to go next???

Thanks - Mark G.

• sherwin4D
    replied
    Hello,

For clarification, unsupported programming cable are cables not manufactured by 4DSystems.
    They are cables produced by third party manufacturers. In your case, this is not really
    applicable because you are using a 4D Programming Adapter. Hence, you need not use it.
    You just need to make sure you are using micro USB cable capable of power and data transfer.

Have you tried using other micro USB cable?

You may test your display for failure if you wish to do so. In the WS4 tab,
    click on the File>Samples>Picaso Designer>PICASO - TOUCH SCREEN>TOUCHTESTDRAW.4DG

If this doesn't solve your problem, you may post pictures of your setup so we can have a closer
    look at it.

I hope this helps and best regards,
    Sherwin

Leave a comment:

• getmanguy1
    replied
    What would be an example of display failure from using an unofficial cable, does the touch go away but still shows an image, maybe only certain widgets respond? I have been using a BLU brand cable with a 4D programming adapter successfully on two separate devices for the past six months, but currently neither one are responding.

Leave a comment:

• sherwin4D
    replied
    Hi,

Welcome to the forum!

By any chance, have you read this gen4-uLCD-50D Quick Start Guide? This should help
    you properly setup your Display Module to get you started programming your display
    right away.

There could be several factors why you are getting the "Device is not responding" message.

One of those reasons is most likely because you are using an unsupported programming cable.
    Please keep in mind that using unofficial cable may damage your display and will void your
    warranty as a result.

This thread may also help give you other solution and idea as to why you are getting
    that message: https://forum.4dsystems.com.au/node/63760

For your convenience, if you need to purchase the official programming cable for your Display
    Module, here is the link: 4D Programming Cable

If none of the suggestions above is suitable to you, please post pictures of your setup here,
    so that we might give you other solutions.

I hope this helps and best regards,
    Sherwin
    Last edited by sherwin4D; 15th May 2019, 05:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• PKNA
    commented on 's reply
    Hi Good afternoon
    I have a problem connecting display to computer.
    Whenever I tried to connect the display to computer, I got a message "device is not responding"
    Also, display noticed just "Getting started: Please refer to the Quick Start Guide included with the display"
    I tried many times with many computers, but it is not responding.
    I have gen4-uLCD-50DT-AR.
    Please give me some solutions.

Thanks.

• PKNA
    replied
    Hi Good afternoon
    I have a problem connecting display to computer.
    Whenever I tried to connect the display to computer, I got a message "device is not responding"
    Also, display noticed just "Getting started: Please refer to the Quick Start Guide included with the display"
    I tried many times with many computers, but it is not responding.
    I have gen4-uLCD-50DT-AR.
    Please give me some solutions.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• pauleilio
    replied
    Hi Raul,

Did you use RMPet from the Tools tab in Workshop 4 to partition and format your SD card, if not could you please try using RMPet and see if this solves your problem. Please check also that your SD card is SPI compatible

Best regards

Paul

Leave a comment:

• Raul
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you very much for answering.

I'm doing what you tell me, but trying to save the graphics files in the SD memory tells me that "this type of files can not be saved in this format", in fact I'm doing it manually.

I do not know what else to do.

Thank you.

• pauleilio
    replied
    Hi Raul,

The message 'Mounting ...' means it is trying to mount the SD card. This normally happens after the mount SD card command has been sent to the display. You will have to check your SD card and also check that any GCI / DAT filenames on the SD match the filenames in your 4Duino card.

If there are no files on the SD card, you can re-generate them from your project by pressing SHIFT & F9, this will generate everything and save the files to your SD card which must be inserted in your PC. When saved you can then re-insert the SD card in the 4Duino

Best regards

Paul

Leave a comment:

• Raul
    commented on 's reply
    Buenas tardes, podria ayudarme por favor.

en el momento tengo una 4DUINO y cuando trato de programar algo en ella la pantalla muestra un mensaje "Mounting" y se queda ahi siempre.

Muchas gracias

• adono94
    replied
    I’m having similar issues with the messages but can find the right usb program cable online

Leave a comment:

• pauleilio
    replied
    Hello Aidas,

Does the display power up normally when connected and display the 4D splash screen.

If not, it is possible that the USB port on your PC is not supplying enough current. Is it possible to connect via a powered USB hub or apply power to the Display using a power supply that is able to supply at least 1A.

I hope this helps

Best regards

Paul

Leave a comment:

• aidas
    replied
    Hi,
    I have a same problem. I use 4d programming cable and I want to programm Gen4 50D-SB lcd. The port scanner reports device not fount. I can see device restarting each time I press port scan button, but no results.

Leave a comment:

• Doff
    replied
    Hello Xview,

As far as I know, the circuit is so simple that no schematic was released. However, you might be interested in the forum thread below (specifically post number #4).

http://forum.4dsystems.com.au/forum/...-usb-to-serial

BR,

Leave a comment:

• xview
    replied
    Hi Mark,

Does 4DSystems release the schematic of the programming cable? I have try to use other USB-to-UART converter to programming the LCD module, but it doesn't work. The communication between LCD module and PC is as expected, but the Download function of the IDE doesn't work. Would you mind to tell me where I can download the schematic file of the programmer? Thank you.

Xview.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X