uvga-Picaso-MD1-UB program upload doesnt work

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uvga-Picaso-MD1-UB program upload doesnt work

Recently i got this board in my hand. I have some experience with the PoGa Goldedox platform but this is new for me. Where can i find more information especially what IDE and platform i have to use?
    I plugged this device with serial thing(uUSB-MB5) and i could upload the right firmware(uVGA-PICASO-MD1_Rev2.pmmc). But when i try to upload a program i get a error with "device not responding, maybe wrong firmware". With the same configuration i can upload programs to PoGa.

The uVGA-Picaso-MD1 is a very old piece of hardware, it only supports a very early version of SGC, even a later versions of SGC are now obsolete.

Have you got the command reference manual for it?

You will only be able to send graphics primitives over serial to this model. The uSD card is not functional.
    Mark

Comment

Now i have the manual( "
      Micro VGA
      USERS MANUAL
      ┬ÁVGA PICASO MD1
      Tiny VGA Graphics Controller
      QVGA, VGA, SVGA
      Revision 1.2")

Ok, i thought the board can compute autonomous and send the results to a VGA monitor. So it is only a dumb slave board and this feature[1] isn't implemented.

[1]"Allows the user to upload a new Operating System for example to change the device
      from a serial command driven platform into a high level language platform such as
      4DGL (4D Graphics Language). A built-in higher level language such as 4DGL allows
      user programs to be run directly within the PICASO processor where the graphics
      operations can be performed much faster than sending the commands serially. This
      avoids serial bottle necks for those graphics intensive applications as well as allows
      the user to take complete control of all of the internal resources of the module."

Comment

The document you are reading is over 6 years old. The current 4DGL has undergone significant revisions and enhancements since that date and is indistinguishable from the 4DGL that would have run on that old model display.
        Mark

Comment

Working...
        X