How to format the SOMO14D uSD card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to format the SOMO14D uSD card

I have been trying to format the microSD card for my Somo14d, and the format tool doesn't seem to be able to detect its presence.

here is what i have tried step by step:

1. I ran the 4D-SOMO-Tool setup application and succesfully installed the USB Recording Notebook.

2. I Ran the Setup.exe and inserted my microSD (A 1GB SanDisc)

3. I clicked the install button, and was met with a DriverSetup msg box saying "The drive is successfully Pre-installed in advance! Please insert the device. And select austomatically install in the <found new hardware wizard box" However the help menu says that it should work if the device is already plugged in.

4. Because it only installed the driver in advance, i uninstalled the uSD using the device manager in the hopes that when i next inserted it i would be met with a dialoge box and i could then follow the instructions provided in the msg box from step 3. However I was not met with a dialog box upon inserting it. It simply gave me a notification that the hardware was installed and ready to use.

5. So at this point i decided to use the add hardware tool in the control panel. However, the add hardware wizard tells me that it is working properly and takes no action.

6. After a bit of poking around, i tried making sure that the uSD was in FAT. I made sure that it was, and it still didn't work.

the help menu has been less then successful, and this is probably due to the fact that i am rather inexperienced and may have misinterpreted the instructions. Nobody else seems to have encountered this problem, If anyone has any idea what the problem is, please let me know. I have been trying to get it to work for about 8 hours now and any help at all is greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by lifalope; 30th December 2014, 04:25 PM.

Have you got the "Audio Tool User Guide"? The third and fourth sentences under 'installation' say "After completing the installation a dialogue box will open up with caption “Setup V1.40” for
    Device Driver Install/Uninstall. This step is irrelevant. Click cancel to exit." I suspect you missed that.

The uSD card is just accessed 'normally', you copy your converted files to it and they should 'just work' provided the filename is a short (8.3) filename and the uSD card is formatted as FAT (or FAT16)

Perhaps start with some of the sample files and get them going first.
    Mark

Comment

Yes! that did it! thanks a ton

Comment

Working...
      X