Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PiCamera no longer works - 4DPi-35

Am I missing something?
    cannot get the PiCamera to work when this display is hooked up. running the kernel4dpi_1.2-1_all.deb (was NOOBS kernel before). This with the camera enabled through the raspi-config.
    Keep getting ‘failed to create camera component" in all camera apps/scripts. Also, just switching back to original NOOBS kernel and bypassing this display gets the camera working again. any advice?

Found the problem. Went to the previous NOOBS/Raspbian version and all worked. the latest Dec 24th release isn't compatible with both the TFT and PiCamera for some reason.

Comment

Hello,

I will get someone to look at this latest release of NOOBS and see if we can figure out why it isn't working for you.

Regards
      James

Comment

thank you.

Comment

can you please check your /boot/config.txt file. There should be a line in it:

start_x=1

this line actually enables the camera. You can add it manually to config.txt if it is not there.

Comment

Yes it was there. It was the first thing I checked. The latest Raspian (Dec 24, 2014) cannot be used with your display or else the PiCamera doesn't get recognized. Going back to the Sept release works fine.

Comment

Unfortunately I can not replicate the issue. I have just flashed a SD card with Dec 24 Raspbian, installed 4DPi drivers and tested the camera with raspistill and simple python script. Everything seems to be working. Here is my config.txt:

Code:
              [email protected]:~# cat /boot/config.txt
              # uncomment if you get no picture on HDMI for a default "safe" mode
              #hdmi_safe=1

# uncomment this if your display has a black border of unused pixels visible
              # and your display can output without overscan
              #disable_overscan=1

# uncomment the following to adjust overscan. Use positive numbers if console
              # goes off screen, and negative if there is too much border
              #overscan_left=16
              #overscan_right=16
              #overscan_top=16
              #overscan_bottom=16

# uncomment to force a console size. By default it will be display's size minus
              # overscan.
              #framebuffer_width=1280
              #framebuffer_height=720

# uncomment if hdmi display is not detected and composite is being output
              #hdmi_force_hotplug=1

# uncomment to force a specific HDMI mode (this will force VGA)
              #hdmi_group=1
              #hdmi_mode=1

# uncomment to force a HDMI mode rather than DVI. This can make audio work in
              # DMT (computer monitor) modes
              #hdmi_drive=2

# uncomment to increase signal to HDMI, if you have interference, blanking, or
              # no display
              #config_hdmi_boost=4

# uncomment for composite PAL
              #sdtv_mode=2

#uncomment to overclock the arm. 700 MHz is the default.
              #arm_freq=800

# for more options see http://elinux.org/RPi_config.txt

#kernel=kernel_4dpi_m.img
              kernel=kernel_4dpi.img
              start_x=1
              gpu_mem=128

Comment

Hi,
                New here, had a similar issue until I loaded latest Raspbian and the 4DPi 1.3 kernel. Only issue is when running LXTerminal and command raspivid --demo the LED on the camera board lights up but nothing displays on screen.

System, Raspberry Pi B+, PiCam and 4DPi-35.

Could you please share the python script.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by EP1 View Post
                  Hi,
                  New here, had a similar issue until I loaded latest Raspbian and the 4DPi 1.3 kernel. Only issue is when running LXTerminal and command raspivid --demo the LED on the camera board lights up but nothing displays on screen.

System, Raspberry Pi B+, PiCam and 4DPi-35.

Could you please share the python script.

Thanks

After doing some reading, correct me if I'm wrong is this as a result of the Frame Buffer?

Comment

Working...
                  X