mpg files on uLCD-70DT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mpg files on uLCD-70DT?

I'm new to this device, working in the Designer environment using Graphics Composer 3.
    I have been able to display image files using GC FAT16 with no problems.
    The application note on this topic ("Designer Displaying Images from the USD Card - GC FAT16")
    implies that "images, animations and movie clips" can be displayed using this technique,
    however when I add an MPG file to the Entries list in GC3 the .TXT build file says that "FAT movies are not available on SGC".
    Is there some way to do this using a Fat formatted drive?
    If not, can this be done with a partitioned FAT/Raw formated card and are there any examples out there?
    thanks,
    Bill
    bg

It is what it says "FAT movies are not available on SGC", but you aren't using SGC, you are using 4DGL, so this doesn't apply to you.

More to the point, why did you decide to use GC?

It is much easier to create a ViSi project. That way you will be creating the "images, animations and movie clips" within Workshop, you will get a WYSIWYG view of your display next to your code, you will be able to 'paste' snippets of code to drive your graphics and you wont have to look though the various files crated by GC to figure out where everything is.

Have a look at File, Samples, Picaso Visi and then, say, the VidImage example.

Of course there's lots of applicable app notes.
    Mark

Comment

Because I have some experience with Designer using the uLCD43 I would prefer to continue in that mode.
      I don't have issues with GC if I have some examples as a guide.
      If 4DGL can do this I would like to try it...
      I've looked at several app notes but haven't found anything that shows playing video clips from a FAT formatted card.
      Can you point me at this information?
      thanks,
      Bill
      bg

Comment

GC is meant to be 'dead' except for a few very specific instances.

So all examples tend to be with the Visual aspect of Workshop, as it is much more modern and much easier to use.

The VidImage example shows what needs to be done.

You still code in 4DGL with ViSi, you just gain access to the Visual side of things, there is no disadvantage to it.
        Mark

Comment

Working...
        X