uLCD-32-ptu + raspberry pi + email

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uLCD-32-ptu + raspberry pi + email

Hello, i am using the uLCD 32 ptu with a raspberry pi using the raspbian os. I programmed the pi using a c script and it communicates fine with the LCD. Now i need the pi to be able to take the data entered into a string object via a keyboard on the screen and email this text. I have found many methods online for doing this but none using c. Is there a way to achieve this in c? If not how can i go about linking this to a different language. Any help here would be greatly appreciated. What are my options? Thank you.

I just googled 'send email from c' and this was the first hit

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9111096/sending-emails-using-c

The answer with the tick is the one most useful to you, don't know whether it works, but it looks correct based on my understanding of the process.
    Mark

Comment

Hello, thank you for the reply. I have been looking over this and am currently trying to understand and implement it. Problem is there's nothing in here on receiving emails as far as i can see. I am a complete noob to this stuff. Another thing which may be a problem is that the poster is talking about using windows utilities but i'm running this on the rpi, a linux based system. And help in my understanding of this would be appreciated. Sorry for my noobness.

Comment

Receiving emails is a totally different ball game afaik.

Sending should be almost the same on any platform, the keyword is 'almost'.

Unfortunately I can't help much more, I'm sure there must be specific forums 'out there' for this sort of thing, I've never really needed one.
        Mark

Comment

Thank you for the help. Alas i've been hitting brick walls with these forums, getting errors. Anyhow will probably find something eventually. Thank you

Comment

Working...
          X