BigDemo with the C Serial Library for use with the Goldelox Serial Environment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,
    It is working now. I started a new serial project in the 4D Workshop and did a SPE Load. Now it works with Bigdemo if I type in the command correctly. When I enter the command incorrectly for Bigdemo, it leaves the display in an unusable state that remains even if I reset it or cycle the power. Only the SPE Load restores the display to a usable state.

Why is it that if I save a serial project in 4D Workshop, when I restart 4D Workshop and open the project again, SPE Load and the Serial Commander are missing from the Tools menu? It seems that I have to create a new project every time I want to access one of these tools.

Thanks for your help getting Bigdemo to work!

Peter

Comment

When I enter the command incorrectly for Bigdemo, it leaves the display in an unusable state that remains even if I reset it or cycle the power. Only the SPE Load restores the display to a usable state.That's odd, the display has no 'memory' across power cycles. Does the splash show?

Why is it that if I save a serial project in 4D Workshop, when I restart 4D Workshop and open the project again, SPE Load and the Serial Commander are missing from the Tools menu? It seems that I have to create a new project every time I want to access one of these tools.
      The tools menu is dynamically build depending upon your project type. Unfortunately for Serial there isn't really a project type, so when you save it there isn't anything there.

If serial is all you do, then the second 'Create new project' button (the one that creates a project with the same settings as the previous project) will be all that you need.
      Mark

Comment

Working...
      X