Copy files directly to SD via programming cable

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copy files directly to SD via programming cable

I have mentioned in one of my earlier post that I have developed an application that can transfer files to and from SD card via programming cable, without removing the card from the display. The application worked fine, but it needed some polishing before it could be published... Well, it's been over a year since this was posted, so I decided to give it a small push and here it is:

It is called the LCD Commander and it can be used to transfer files to and from SD card, as well as verify the file content, either using CRC or by full comparison. The transfer rate is about 11kB/s, which works great for small *.4fn files, but it is useful for files of up to approximately 1 MB (100 seconds transfer time). For larger files it may be more convenient to remove the SD card and place it in the card reader...

Another nice feature is that the application finds all files that are located both on SD card and in the selected directory on the PC side. If files have matching size and date, they are painted in green, otherwise in red. This is very usefull in determining which files need to be reloaded.

The application requires no software to be permanently installed in the LCD flash or on the SD card, as when you click the Connect button, it resets the LCD and uploads a small driver in LCD RAM memory. After you disconnect, the LCD is reset again and returns to normal state.

The application was tested with uLCD32-PTU, but SHOULD work with uLCD24-PTU and uLCD28-PTU (not sure about uLCD43). For the moment there is no Diablo support.

The application is freeware and you can download it and install it free-of-charge from our website:

http://www.batemika.com/soutilities.html

Regards,
    Valentin

Click image for larger version

Name:	LCD Commander.png
Views:	10
Size:	264.7 KB
ID:	42669

That looks really nice.

Pitty we can't do much about the speed
    Mark

Comment

The speed is very close to the theoretical limit for the 115200 Baud rate, but I think 11 KB/s is sufficient for most applications, except for some huge data files.

I am programming the display, which is built in one of my test devices and SD card is not readily accessible. In such cases, I need to transfer only a few updated *.4fn files, each is about 1 KB, and removing the SD card fifty times per day is a real pain...

Regards,
      Valentin

Comment

I've tried this program with diablo, but not worked. What the protocol might be different?

Comment

There are some small differences both in the protocol for uploading the driver to LCD RAM and in the internal functions. Unfortunately, I didn't get a diablo display so far, so I was not able to do any testing..

Regards,
          Valentin

Comment

Hi Valentin,
            I am trying to use the LCD commander in my project, I am also looking for the source code of the software. Can you please send me the link for the source files of the project.

Thanks and Regards,
            Rohit

Comment

The link is in the first post, I think you will need to contact him on that site to see if he will make the source available to you.
              Mark

Comment

Thanks Mark, will try that

Regards,
                Rohit

Comment

Hi, I was wondering if the LCD commander now have support Diablo because my application was tested with gen4-uLCD-43DT.

Thanks,
                  James

Comment

Have you seen this post? https://forum.4dsystems.com.au/forum...-cable-utility
                    Mark

Comment

Hi James,

sorry at the moment there is no support for Diablo in the LCD Commander.

Regards,
                      Valentin

Comment

Working...
                      X