4 DPI-35 and Raspberry pi 2 working ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 DPI-35 and Raspberry pi 2 working ?

Simple question are the 4DPI-35 Display working also on Raspberry pi 2 with the same kernel install?

I'd be interested in that too!! When is is going to be restocked in Au?
    Last edited by crocky; 6 February 2015, 06:27 AM.

Comment

We hope to release a new kernel for this soon, yes, however stock of the new Raspberry Pi 2 is hard to come by and we dont have any yet.

Stock of the 4DPi-32 and 4DPi-35 are due around mid Feb.

Regards
      James

Comment

Hello,
        I confirm, 4DPi-32 don't work with Raspberry Pi 2.
        Did you know more about the date of the module release?

Best regards,

Comment

The 4DPi-32 and 4DPi-35 do not yet work on the Raspberry Pi 2.

We are goingto release a new Kernel package for it soon to bring in compatibility. Everyone is working on other things at the moment, and it has been scheduled in.
          Hopefully this will be completed in the next few weeks - I do not have a definite date available at the moment unfortunately, but it is definitely coming soon.

Regards
          James

Comment

Hi Guys,

I've recently bought a 4DPi-35 (very nifty, btw), and set it up on my old Pi model B (v1). I then copied this image over to my new model A+, and I can confirm that this does actually work for the console display side (I have not tested the touch-screen).

I do have a problem however - the PiCam has stopped working. I have run rpi-update, apt-get update and -upgrade but to no avail. If I swap the Pi's around, the setup works perfectly on my older Pi. I have read on other forums that Raspbian requires a kernel upgrade to work properly with the A+, And since your display is run using a custom kernel, I'd like to throw in this issue for you to look at whilst working on the kernel update.

In the meantime - do you perhaps know of a workaround?

Regards

Comment

Hi ArcZero

If its a Kernel Upgrade required, then sadly you will just have to wait till the new version is released which also supports the RPi 2.
              I don't know of a work around, you will just need the updated Kernel with has the 4DPi support in it.
              I am pushing to get this released ASAP.

Regards
              James

Comment

Hi ArcZero,
                Maybe this post will help?
                http://forum.4dsystems.com.au/forum/...4dpi_32-screen
                James

Comment

Hi -
                  That post was one of the first things i tried (and it is also basically what I'm trying to accomplish) - as I've said, that setup works perfectly with my old model B Pi, but simply refuses to activate my camera with my new A+ model.
                  Regards

Comment

New release coming this week
                    Sorry our developer for this has been on leave.
                    James

Comment

For those of you eager, please find PRE-RELEASE downloads for the 4DPi-32 and 4DPi-35, for both Raspberry Pi and Pi2 boards.
                      This is using Kernel 3.18.9

Please report back if you have issues, or if it works
                      We are still undergoing final testing ourselves.
                      http://www.4dsystems.com.au/download..._1.3-1_pi1.deb
                      http://www.4dsystems.com.au/download..._1.3-1_pi2.deb

Regards

James

Comment

I can try it when I'm at home (5 hours later). Then I can send a response.

Comment

I installed the latest Raspbian image (2015-02-16) on my Raspberry Pi 2, then installed the pre-release kernel4dpi_1.3-1_pi2.deb. When the Pi boots, I see the boot progress displayed on the 4DPi-35. If Raspbian is configured to boot to a console, then the console/login prompt is displayed on the 4DPi-35. If I configure Raspbian to boot to the GUI then I see the boot progress on the 4DPi-35, but the GUI appears on the HDMI port and then the 4DPi-35 screen is mostly black (except for a cursor-looking thing towards the top-left corner). I would also note that under the GUI configuration, the touch also seems to work- I touch the 4DPi-35 screen and I see the cursor move on the HDMI display.

Are you making the pre-release source code available as well, or will you be waiting until it's officially released? I am interested in Yocto-izing the build for this module so that I can easily include it in custom Linux builds, but I need the source code to do that.

Thanks, and great work!

Comment

Originally posted by atiklc View Post
                            I can try it when I'm at home (5 hours later). Then I can send a response.
                            OK, screen (4DPi-32) works. Thanks for the great work.
                            But I have some problems with calibration. Tried several times but unable correct it. Screen sits some pixels left up a few up.
                            Using xinput_calibrator, touching the points on the screen results this: -33 3867 465 3940
                            When I tried the edges of the screen, I get this: -252 4320 -104 4101. I entered these values to /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/99-calibration.conf and restarted RBPi 2, the screen sits in the same position.
                            Any advices?
                            Last edited by atiklc; 18 March 2015, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys.
                              This will be looked at today/tomorrow, and an update will be released.

Regards
                              James

Comment

Working...
                              X