Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Carlo

Sorry to hear you are having problems.
    Do you happen to have a Pi B, B+ or A+? ie a Pi1 rather than a Pi2?
    Just curious if you did, to try the old release off our website and see if that works on your 4DPi-32.
    If it doesn't, then it would indicate there is something not right with your 4DPi-32 and you may need to RMA it.

Has it ever worked for you?

Where abouts did you purchase from? Distributor or direct from our website?

Regards
    James

Comment

Originally posted by James_4DSystems View Post
      Do you happen to have a Pi B, B+ or A+? ie a Pi1 rather than a Pi2?
      Just curious if you did, to try the old release off our website and see if that works on your 4DPi-32.
      If it doesn't, then it would indicate there is something not right with your 4DPi-32 and you may need to RMA it.
      Hi, thanks for the response.
      It's definitely a Pi2, says it on the box. Also says 'Raspburry Pi 2 Model B V1.1' on the board.

Has it ever worked for you?
      No. It's new and it's the first time I've used it.

Where abouts did you purchase from? Distributor or direct from our website?
      I purchased from http://littlebirdelectronics.com.au/.

So can you confirm I should request a RMA please?
      Last edited by carlomatti; 1 April 2015, 08:10 AM. Reason: added more proof its a Pi2

Comment

It's definitely a Pi2, says it on the box and has 4 USB ports - which is only on the Pi2.
        I'm not debating that. I am asking if you have a Pi1 to compare it to, to see if it works on that.

OK. If you cannot get it working then it could be a hardware issue and you should start the RMA process with littlebirdelectronics.
        James

Comment

Hi,

Firstly, thanks for the great support, it certainly draws me to 4D products!

I've tried something else that shows it's not the screen. I installed kernel4dpi_1.3-2_pi2.deb, cleanly shutdown linux (sudo shutdown -h now), powered off, powered on and it get the same problem, that is, the same problem even though I have not plugged the screen in. It gets stuck while booting with these last three lines displayed:

Code:
          4dpi spi0.0: spi registered, item=0xee586a00
          product_code=0x0
          [pwmpi] IOREMAP done
          [pwmpi] clock setProduct not supported!
          Does this mean it could be the Pi2 itself?

Regards,
          Carlo.

Comment

@atiklc

For us to locate the cause of the problem, can you provide the following information.

1. Also after running the calibration process from TSLIB. Please provide the calibration values displayed at the end of the process.
            2. Also, following the steps for calibration using Xinput_calibration in the datasheet. Can you provide the calibration values displayed at the end of the process.
            3. Navigating to the /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/ please provide the content of the directory. Also, if 99-calibration.conf if available within the directory can you please send the content.

** The test is best done using SSH connection.

==================================================================================

@Carlomatti,

4dpi spi0.0: spi registered, item=0xee586a00 product_code=0x0 [pwmpi] IOREMAP done [pwmpi] clock setProduct not supported!
            This is the end result of the package that was installed in your RPi. The data for the HDMI is re-routed to the 4DPi-32 primary display.
            Uninstalling the kernel4dpi_1.3-2_pi2.deb package should change your primary back to the HDMI.

** After installing the kernel4dpi_1.3-2_pi2.deb package. Can you please provide the boot log of your raspberry pi.

==================================================================================

Providing the information requested will be very helpful in determining the cause of the problems being experienced.

Regards,
            Bryan

Comment

For those of you who have tried both Pi1 and Pi2 images and have calibration offsets even after calibrating, can someone please test out this new overlay and see if it helps.

Download the file in the attachment, unzip it, and copy the 4dpi-3x.dtb file to your /boot/overlays/ folder on the Pi, overwriting the old file.

Start up your Pi with display, calibrate the display, report your findings if you still have an offset.

Regards
              Attached Files
              James

Comment

With the new kernel module the display works, but I have problems controlling the backlight:

[email protected] ~ $ sudo echo 0 > /sys/class/backlight/4dpi/brightness
                -bash: /sys/class/backlight/4dpi/brightness: Permission denied

Comment

first permissions have to be set:

sudo chmod 777 /sys/class/backlight/4dpi/brightness

then you can write to sys/class/backlight/4dpi/brightness with echo

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan View Post
                    @atiklc

For us to locate the cause of the problem, can you provide the following information.

1. Also after running the calibration process from TSLIB. Please provide the calibration values displayed at the end of the process.
                    2. Also, following the steps for calibration using Xinput_calibration in the datasheet. Can you provide the calibration values displayed at the end of the process.
                    3. Navigating to the /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/ please provide the content of the directory. Also, if 99-calibration.conf if available within the directory can you please send the content.

** The test is best done using SSH connection.

Regards,
                    Bryan[/I]
                    Please allow a few days, you will receive a full answer. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan View Post
                      @Carlomatti,

4dpi spi0.0: spi registered, item=0xee586a00 product_code=0x0 [pwmpi] IOREMAP done [pwmpi] clock setProduct not supported!
                      This is the end result of the package that was installed in your RPi. The data for the HDMI is re-routed to the 4DPi-32 primary display.
                      Uninstalling the kernel4dpi_1.3-2_pi2.deb package should change your primary back to the HDMI.

** After installing the kernel4dpi_1.3-2_pi2.deb package. Can you please provide the boot log of your raspberry pi.
                      Hi Bryan,

After install, everything is ok. But once I reboot, all I get is a white screen on the 4DPI-32 and as you mentioned, "the end result of the package that was installed in your RPi" is shown on my HDMI (see attached image).
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	20150408_141759.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	2.15 MB
ID:	44254

So I can not get into my system to get the boot log as I don't have a screen. So not sure how I can provide you with that!? Do you want the boot log after the install but BEFORE I reboot?

When I do boot up, I do notice the activity light for the SD card is consistent with booting the system. So I do actually think the Raspberry Pi 2 is booting, the problem is there is no screen output for it on either the 4DPI-32 or the HDMI.

Hope this makes sense! Let me know if you have any questions or want me to provide more info.

Attached is an image of the install if that helps:

Click image for larger version

Name:	20150408_141434.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	2.17 MB
ID:	44255

Thanks Again,
                      Carlo
                      Last edited by carlomatti; 8 April 2015, 03:23 PM. Reason: Adding another image

Comment

Hi Carlo,

From the photo, it looks like the 4DPi had developed a "white screen" problem which most likely is indicative of an LCD screen failure. Please arrange RMA directly with littlebirdelectronics. Please contact them directly and ask for RMA. Also make sure you have your purchase invoice with you in case they might require you to provide that as part of their RMA policy.

Our apologies for the inconvenience this has brought you.

Best regards,
                        Danny

Comment

Working...
                        X