No announcement yet.

4D Systems as an automotive Multi-Gauge display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I updated the attached file on the first post. I put everything needed for version 1 and 2 in one respective file for each and include all of the libraries needed

Comment

• ADVANCETOM
      ADVANCETOM commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome

Hello Everyone!!!

HolyCrapItsFast,
    Your project it is awesome...(and your car also)!

I am dummy in programming ...
    So, can you tell me how can i create/programming a continuously moving bar like this one (green,yellow, red), in the bottom of your screen?

Sorry for my English, i am not a native speaker.

Thank You,.

Comment

Thank you!

It's easy... you need to create the object in VisiGenie first and then write to it in your program from the host. If you are using 4D Workshop, it comes with a number of good examples to get you started.

In VisiGenie, you can change the way an object looks by changing its properties. The Gauge object is set up as you like by default. (green, yellow, red) Here is some example code...

Please also browse the 4D website. There are papers and examples for everything you could want. You just have to look. There are many example in this forum as well in the Staff Projects forum.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Example1.JPG
Views:	537
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	48504

Comment

Has anyone used this on a Subaru as I am unsure if they use certain parameters?

Comment

Originally posted by royel View Post
          Has anyone used this on a Subaru as I am unsure if they use certain parameters?
          The creator of this project is using this on a 04-05 Subaru Impreza WRX or STI, but is not using any of the factory sensors only new aftermarket sensors (if that is what you are asking).

Personally, I am in the process of designing a very similar multi-gauge using the same 4D systems display, Arduino Mega, and many sensors/inputs for my '00 Impreza in preparation for the turbo motor swap I'll be doing in the coming months.

That said, HolyCrapItsFast can you explain what you are using the ADG884 for in your diagram? I see that you have input/outputs on it, but what are you using them for or what are you planning on using them for if they are not currently in use? Also, what are you utilizing the R4, R5, D7 dropper circuit for, vehicle voltage sensor?

Thanks for the awesome work!

- MrFrizzy
          Last edited by Mrfrizzy; 1 December 2015, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrfrizzy View Post

The creator of this project is using this on a 04-05 Subaru Impreza WRX or STI, but is not using any of the factory sensors only new aftermarket sensors (if that is what you are asking).

Personally, I am in the process of designing a very similar multi-gauge using the same 4D systems display, Arduino Mega, and many sensors/inputs for my '00 Impreza in preparation for the turbo motor swap I'll be doing in the coming months.

Awsome Awsome. i want to use this for my 07 legacy gt spec. B. just waiting on getting it back from its new mods

Comment

Hello Mr Frizzy...

The ADG884 is being used as an audio switcher. In my setup I incorporate controls for amplifiers and audio components as well as the gauges. I put it in the schematic in case others would like to do the same. You could easily just use a DPDT relay instead of the ADG884 or similar chip. A relay is better for noise and it is easier to implement and cheaper also. I have since replaced the ADG with a relay.

Yes R4, R5 are the voltage divider for the voltage reading and D7 is there for protection. In some cars the voltage is capable of spiking way beyond normal operating voltage and that can kill your input. I did design a better configuration and wrote new code and I will post it soon but it does work as it is.

That said, HolyCrapItsFast can you explain what you are using the ADG884 for in your diagram? I see that you have input/outputs on it, but what are you using them for or what are you planning on using them for if they are not currently in use? Also, what are you utilizing the R4, R5, D7 dropper circuit for, vehicle voltage sensor?

- MrFrizzy

Comment

My Country Really sucks. i can only get the uLCD-32PTU. Is there a way for this to be built or coded for a smaller display

Comment

Distributors carry the parts that they believe to be most applicable to their 'business', this may not include our entire range.

You can buy directly from our site, or use one of the larger distributors, such as Mouser, who will ship 'anywhere'.
                  Mark

Comment

This is awesome, Do you think this is possible using the Armadillo-70T ?? I'm not a programmer or anything yet but the concept is awesome I want to put it on a Harley only have 3 sensors to worry about but want to add speedometer and tachometer into the mix..

Comment

This product is amazing

Just wondering when this will be for sale as, I am very interested in a system like this.

Comment

- MrFrizzy

I would like to see your progress. I am going to be connecting mine via the elm 327 bluetooth dongle and ill be bringing the subaru ssm coding for the backend. now to build a front end to display paramaters

Comment

Originally posted by royel View Post

I would like to see your progress. I am going to be connecting mine via the elm 327 bluetooth dongle and ill be bringing the subaru ssm coding for the backend. now to build a front end to display paramaters
                          I would be very interested to see how you make out with that. To the best of my knowledge SSM does not work with any of the elm devices. It only works with devices that use J2534 standard like the Tactrix Open Port 2.0. With the ELM you can only extract the generic OBDII PIDs

Comment

can you please post a full parts list. as i am not good at reading electronic schematics

Comment

i was wondering if anyone has thought to try and integrate this to a Stereo system using MHL controls. More and more of the newer car radios support this feature and i am wondering if it is possible to use a controller to pass this information along to the radio, much like an android phone does? I mean how awesome would it be to be integrate this into the radio's functions.

Raven

Comment

Working...
                              X