No announcement yet.

4D Systems as an automotive Multi-Gauge display

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CAN traffic is not standard, the data changes per vehicle per year, most of the reverse engineering is on the user to do to figure out what ID’s contain which traffic. GM and FORD codes can be found online but everything else is mostly for user to reverse, it’s not that hard but time consuming...

So unless the device someone makes requests ECU data in a polling fashion for known standard PIDs (OBD) over CAN, there is no universal CAN decoder for different make vehicles or years.

Comment

Well this may make things easier, its a 1978 ford which is long before canbus
      Id assume its just a matter of using a control centre to accept the inputs of the sensors for items id like to monitor.
      perhaps include thermostatic on/off for electric water pump and fans

Comment

This project is stand alone so there is no need for any ODBII stuff. The schematics I attached allow for interface between the sensors and the arduino and the attached code should get you going. I am not really willing to put a comprehensive package together for sale. It is just not very cost effective for me and to do it on an individual basis is to time consuming right now.

I do have a 3rd version in the works and I will update this thread in a little while. If you familiarize your self a little with basic programming of an Arduino and use of the 4D Workshop software, you should be able to use any of the 4D intelligent displays and make minor adjustments to my existing code and create your own display based off mine. It really is not that hard you just need to commit some time.

Originally posted by Meat6111 View Post
        Well this may make things easier, its a 1978 ford which is long before canbus
        Id assume its just a matter of using a control centre to accept the inputs of the sensors for items id like to monitor.
        perhaps include thermostatic on/off for electric water pump and fans

Comment

Working...
        X