Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delete an object

Hi,

Ok, this might be an absurd issue , but I can't find a way to delete an objet I just add on a Form...
    Tried with my keyboard, the clipboard is highlighted so I can't use the delete button...

Need help please...
    Thank you,
    Marc

the clipboard is highlighted so I can't use the delete button...
    What's 'the clipboard'?

You can either select and object by clicking on it, or use the object combobox to select and object. The press the Del key.
    Mark

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
      What I call the Clipboard is what Workshop 4 calls the Clipboard.

The enclosed file shows this menu bar when I click on an object. I can't click on delete and the Del key does not work either...
      Is it normal? Is there an other way?

Marc

Attached files

Comment

Hmm, the clipboard area is more related to 'text' in the editor.

The del key on the keyboard should delete the object.

Can you show the full workshop screen when you try to press the del key?
        Mark

Comment

Here is the full workshop screen. I clicked on the objet and I try to press the Del key but nothing happens (and my Del key works )

I tried to create new project, tried to quit and reload Workshop... Attached files

Comment

and my Del key works
            Since everything looks AOK to press the del key to delete the object that was going to be my next question

You sure there's not some keystroke handler intercepting the del key?

What if you drag the form 'out of' Workshop, so the form becomes completely detached, can you delete it then?

(After you have done that you might want to use View, Reset View)

What version of Windows are you using?
            Mark

Comment

No because when I delete a text or a code in Workshop it is perfectly working.

I am running Windows 7 Professional on a Macbook.
              I never had any problem like this on any other software with the Del key...

I'm gonna try on a windows computer tomorrow.

Moreover, I was in the Workshop 4 version 4.0.3.8, it was not working so I updated it to the 4.1.0.14 but did not change anything.

Might be cause of the virtual machine but I have doubts on it since I never had problems with the Del key on any other software...

Marc

Comment

Our resident Macaholic has no problems with it, but he's using XP and Parallels.

Might try and write some small utility to see what key 'appears' to be being pressed.
                Mark

Comment

I've sent you an email
                  Mark

Comment

I suppose a lot of Mac people know this already, but the 'Delete' key on a Mac is really the 'Backspace' key on Windows.

You need to press fn-Del to actually press 'Delete'

http://www.mactrast.com/2011/12/mac-tip-delete-vs-backspace/

Thanks to MarcZ, for helping work this out
                    Mark

Comment

Working...
                    X