Method for multiple color schemes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Method for multiple color schemes?

I'm looking to provide the ability for the user to change between two color schemes of the display to accommodate two different viewing environments. I envision having to duplicate each FORM and then coding Arduino to communicate with both sets of objects. Is there a trick for a more simplified method?

At the moment the only trick is to edit the .4dGenie file with a text editor.

Make sure you have a backup before you start.

Duplicate file the form statement of the form you want to copy, down to the next form statement, or the end if there is only one form.

Renumber all the duplicated objects so the numbers are increasing and there are no duplicates (with respect to the entire file).

Save the file and open in workshop, check very carefully that everything is ok.
    Mark

Comment

Since I'll be doubling all of the objects, what is the practical limit of the total number of objects?

Comment

The memory for an object is usually quite small. The main consumer is the support code to enable the object to 'work'.

The object that uses 'significant' memory and the most support code is the keyboard object, and even then quantity of keys it has affects this significantly.

So it's really hard to tell just what the limit is until you do a compile and then there will be messages in the IDE telling you the various memory requirements.

If you just had a simple object (hmm, say an image, gauge, etc.), I'd hazard a guess that you could have about 400 of them.
        Mark

Comment

Thank you. This was very helpful.

Comment

The solutions here can't be matched anywhere. We'll be using 4D Systems displays exclusively for our upcoming product.

If all the color themes have the exact same functionality and image dimensions, can different sets of images just be uploaded to the CF card, even after everything is compiled?

Comment

Yes, if you are sure it's only the 'contents' of the image that has changed and not its size or location or quantity, then you can replace the image file without recompiling
              Mark

Comment

Working...
              X