YASP (Yet another sync problem)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DLC View Post

It is difficult to get async serial to work at high speeds with a single ended channel, using RS485/differential is way easier. I'm finding that I don't get any speed over 230400 to work even on 10cm wiring. I'll try shielding next - Then maybe a half-duplex 485 transmission setup to get the speeds up.

DLC
    Shielding didn't help. 230400 worked, 460800 didn't, 921600 worked, but the data is corrupted, giving a terrible image. What is weird on 921600 is that this sequence:
    <code>
    // Talk to the camera, this is the max auto-baud detect that will work.
    Serial1.begin(921600);
    Serial1.write(SYNC,6);

Serial1.begin(899500);
    [sync code]
    </code>
    worked and gave a MUCH better image. I am not sure what this means...

DLC

Comment

Hmm, well that's making it sound like a baud rate error, do you have a table of requested vs actual for your controller, or can you generate one?
      Mark

Comment

Let me catch up.

The 4D cable is USB with virtually zero logic level serial length.

Resets happen. A user zaps the enclosure, some code glitch, or code development when there is a new program downloaded.

Yes, it is looking like a serial data problem. I have used boards with this processor on a variety of projects using logic level serial at speeds up to 1Mbps, so I am confident of the processors USART divider accuracy. Shortening my wires helped a little. I need to put a scope on the lines. It seems the data coming back from the camera is corrupted since data speed affects the image quality. Now I need to quantify that.

Would you like me to send my uecide source for the Picadillo and camera so you can examine it? I'd love to find out what I am doing wrong!

Thanks,
        DLC

Comment

Hi DLC,

If you can send your source code for the Picadillo and the uCAM-II, I will test it here and will give you a feedback.

Regards.
          Doff

Comment

Working...
          X