Workshop 4.1.0.18 doen't install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Workshop 4.1.0.18 doen't install

I previously had 4.1.0.11 installed. Yesterday downloaded new version 4.1.0.18, uninstalled previous version and then proceed with new version. But an error always happens before copying files:

When it happens, installer says "computing space requirements".

My OS is Win XP 32bits Professional SP3. Tried changing destination directory but no diference.

Can you fix it or give me a link to a previous version that works? Thank you.

Try downloading again and checking that you get 68,857,309 before trying to install
    Mark

Comment

Hi. I downloaded again, checked the size:

But same error happens.

Comment

Which folder are you trying to install it onto?

What drive is it on?

Can't imagine how the installer could have any issues, it just extracts files from the installer, basically.

And the installer is the same as it was for 4.1.0.11, just the file contents have changed.

Have you disabled your anti virus?
        Mark

Comment

Which folder are you trying to install it onto?

What drive is it on?

Can't imagine how the installer could have any issues, it just extracts files from the installer, basically.

And the installer is the same as it was for 4.1.0.11, just the file contents have changed.

Have you disabled your anti virus?
          I try to install in the same folder it was last version.
          Drive is C (primary partition of harddrive)
          I disabled my antivirus (Avast Free 8.0.1497)

I get always the same error: "Could not access network location \4D Labs\." when 'computing space requirements'.
          What does it means? Where is that network?

Now, I tried to install old version 4.1.0.11 and THE SAME happened. That's interesting, because that version installed perfectly some time ago.
          I'm thinking about the uninstaller may have corrupted something in the registry and that is the cause? What do you think?
          I did a search in the registry for "4dlabs", found one entry and deleted it. Tried to install again, but the same "wall in my head" again, can't install.

I do not know what to try now.

Comment

If I google "could not access network location" installer

I get quite a few hits, could one of them be relevant to your computer?
            Mark

Comment

Good and bad news:

The good is YES, Microsoft FixIt worked! I sucsessfully installed it!

The bad, as a collateral efect of FixIt, my desktop, my bookmarks, all folders in "Start\My Programs", al configurations, historial, etc. everything dissapeared! It is like a fresh format and install of windows, not for the data but for the links, configs, etc. A lot of work now to recover all that...

Anyway, thanks a lot to give me a solution. Thank you very much.

Comment

Working...
              X