uOLED-128-G2 Serial Communication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uOLED-128-G2 Serial Communication

I am having a lot of trouble using the Goldelox Serial Example for Arduino. I am using the Software Serial library to get communication both with the computer and the display (uncommented the Software Serial include and definition lines and the define for log messages). Every time I reset the Arduino, the Serial Monitor returns a message saying that there is a Timeout error. Sometimes I get a NACK message with data=21, but I cannot find any error definitions anywhere. If I just use the hardware serial channel to communicate with the display, the splash screen comes up and nothing seems to happen. I also connected the Display Reset to Pin D4 through a 1K resistor, but this seems to do nothing. Because nothing happens when using the hardware serial channel and I am using Arduino 1.0.6, so I don't think the Software Serial issue applies. But, I changed it anyway, and it does not fix anything.

I was able to use the Serial Commander in the IDE to send serial commands, so I'm pretty sure the screen is working, but the Arduino Library does not seem to be working at all.

What should I do to get the Arduino example to work?

Splash Screen:
    uOLED-128-G2
    SPE2 rev 1.3
    PmmC rev 2.5
    Comms 9600

Thanks for any help.

UPDATE: Works now.
    Last edited by onlybg15; 24th March 2015, 10:59 AM.
Working...
X