Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot write to objects - Raspberry Pi 2 - C code

Hello All,

I've got myself a Rasp Pi 2 and a uLCD-70DT but am having issues running my code or even the demo codes.
    I seem to be able to get the events from the LCD using my program or the monitor demo, but every time that I enable a write object to the LCD the program hangs and does not update.

I've followed all the directions for installing the Libraries and I assume the connections are OK since I get events from it. I can work the display and set/read everything using GTX as well, but the C program cannot send/set any of the objects. Do you guys have insight for me?

Thanks in advance ...

Just to say I'm having the exact same problem on a Raspi2. Trying to use calculator or demo-monitor, the programme hangs at the first WriteObj.
    Anyone got a direction on this?

Comment

Hi Guys

Can you point me to the demo you are using, and the library you are using. I assume you are using the latest versions from Github?

Just to be sure, please post the links.

Raspberry Pi 2 has not been tested on these libraries, just so you know. These libraries have been out for some time, and were designed for the standard Pi B.

We will have a look and see if its obvious what the problem might be, so please be patient.
      We have not stated it is compatible with the Pi 2.

Regards
      James

Comment

Hi James,

Thanks for taking the time to address this.
        I am using all the Github links from the product webpage:
        https://github.com/4dsystems/ViSi-Genie-RaspPi-Library
        https://github.com/4dsystems/ViSi-Ge...mo-Calculator/
        https://github.com/4dsystems/ViSi-Ge...-Demo-Monitor/

My Raspberry Pi 2 setup:
        [email protected] ~ $ uname -a
        Linux raspberrypi 3.18.7-v7+ #755 SMP PREEMPT Thu Feb 12 17:20:48 GMT 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux
        [email protected]i ~ $ /opt/vc/bin/vcgencmd version
        Feb 14 2015 22:23:03
        Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
        version 7789db485409720b0e523a3d6b86b12ed56fd152 (clean) (release)

I looked at the code for the library and I believe the issue is that the genieAck and genieNak never get set from reading the response of the write object. And because of this I am assuming that the message does not get sent to the LCD or is corrupted. The programs hang because there are never ending loops in geniePi.c but even implementing a timeout does not solve the issue:

// TODO: Really ought to timeout here, but if the display doesn't
        // respond, then it's probably game over anyway.

while ((genieAck == FALSE) && (genieNak == FALSE))
        delay (1) ;

return 0 ;
        }

I would appreciate your prompt response.
        HoSsEiN

Comment

Hello,

I have put in the request for someone to look at it, however you will need to wait for that to happen.
          This might take a bit of time to sort out, but it will be looked at as soon as someone who knows about the Pi is available.

Regards
          James

Comment

Working...
          X