No announcement yet.

Proper mounting strategy for a UVGAIII?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proper mounting strategy for a UVGAIII?

What is the proper mounting strategy for a UVGAIII? Its clear that it should be socket mounted to a motherboard, but how should it be secured to the motherboard? It seems like maybe standoffs should be used but there are components so close to the mounting holes on the top of the board, standoffs would likely crush them. Do you have any pictures or engineering designs on the proper way to secure this to a motherboard?
    Also, are their specifications on how close the board needs mounted to the side of the enclosure for proper uSD card insertion and removal. What is the correct size opening and offset from the board. What is the maximum recommended enclosure wall thickness and is any radius or beveling required on the outside of the enclosure for proper card insertion/removal?

Thanks

Hello Sccoupe

The mounting of the uVGA-III is completely up to the end user. There are many methods that could be used, such as nylon standoffs etc. Check out companies such as Richco. There are however dozens of companies who make suitable fastening products, but it totally depends on what your enclosure demands.
    http://www.richco-inc.com/products/circuit-board-hardware.html

A
    gain, how close the board needs to be to the side of your enclosure is completely up to you, as is the opening size and offset etc, it totally depend on the enclosure you are using/making. Sorry you are going to have to do some testing and figure out what is best for your situation, we don't have any recommended design practices sorry. We only provide the mechanical dimensions of the PCB/Module, and is up to the end user to mount this in a suitable enclosure as required.

Regards
    James

Comment

Regarding the footprint of the uVGA-III, is there a more detailed drawing that would show the distances from the mounting holes in relation to header H1 and VGA out (or H1 and VGA-OUT to board edges)? I would like to utilize receiving headers for the IO and the VGA-OUT on my PCB. The drawing only shows mounting holes in relation to board edge so it's impossible to create an accurate PCB footprint.

Thanks

Comment

Um, in the datasheet, page 15, it has the mounting holes and header locations relative to the board edge, you can calculate everything from there, I think.
        Mark

Comment

I've seen page 15 (Doc rev 1.4). I'm specifically looking for the locations of Header H1 and Header J4. Page 15 explicitly shows the locations of H2 and J3 only. I suppose I could assume that the location of J4 is directly beneath J3 (looking through the PCB) and I could probably assume that pin 1 of H1 when it is installed is directly below the RES pin of H2 (again, looking through the PCB) but I'd rather hear from the manufacturer that my assumptions are true or given explicit dimensions before I have some PCBs made to accept the footprint of H1 and J4.

Thanks

Comment

They are exactly opposite the headers on the top of the board
            Mark

Comment

Working...
            X