Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uOLED-96-G2 Displays Nothing

Hello,

Sorry if I'm posting to the wrong forum. It seems like the most appropriate one.

I have previously had my display working successfully using an on board program, which displayed a mix of bitmaps stored on the SD card and custom graphics.

I've just decided to switch to a serial slave.

Using the latest Workshop4 I,[list type=decimal][*]Loaded the latest PmmC[*]Did an SPC loadPower cycled it[/list type=decimal]Then nothing is displayed on the device.

I can use either serial commander or terminal to send commands and receive the correct values and acknowledgment.

e.g. from serial commander:
    sys_GetModel[0007 ] 0.030 (ACK 11 0x000B, "uOLED-96-G2")sys_GetPmmC[0009 ] 0.010 (ACK 516 0x0204)sys_GetVersion[0008 ] 0.011 (ACK 258 0x0102)

from terminal:
    1:49:39 PM > 00 07 1:49:39 PM < 06 00 0B 75 4F 4C 45 44 2D 39 36 2D 47 32

I can get a pixel and the incorrect colour is returned. I can set the colour to blue, receive an acknowledgment, re-get the pixel and the colour is unchanged.
    gfx_GetPixel[FFCA 0005 0005] 0.015 (ACK 65535 0xFFFF)gfx_PutPixel[FFCB 0005 0005 0339] 0.011 (ACK)gfx_GetPixel[FFCA 0005 0005] 0.012 (ACK 65535 0xFFFF)
    Any ideas, apart from the controller is OK and the display is dead?

Thanks in advance,
    Evan
    Cheers,
    Evan.

Are you sure it's an uOLED-92-G2 and not a G1?

The G2 http://www.4dsystems.com.au/product/1/1/4D_Intelligent_Display_Modules/uOLED_96_G2/ has a 2x5 pin connector on the back whereas the G1 as a 5 pin connector and a 2 pin connector.

What if you just load the PmmC by itself, does the display show a green splash in the top left corner for a few seconds?

Other than that it sure looks like the display is dead.
    Mark

Comment

Mark, you were spot on, it's a G1. I guess the incorrect reporting of the version was due to the PmmC that I used.

Perhaps you can tell me if the serial interface has changed since 2007? I wrote a comprehensive driver in C# but it's no longer valid. The command codes and the parameters seem to have changed.

Thanks for your help,
      Evan
      Cheers,
      Evan.

Comment

2007?

Um that would probably have been "Serial command set".

That was superseded by SGC, which was somewhat compatible.

The modern Serial is interface is called SPE and is not backwards compatible at all, as the power of the displays became such that a clean break was required.
        Mark

Comment

Yup, 2007. So where does that leave me now? Am I able to get a copy of the 'Serial command set' that suits my device? I browsed the site but wasn't sure what I should be looking for. I found this link http://www.4d-labs.com/prod.php?id=239 which has a download for uOLED-96-G1SGC-R17.pmmc Can I simply install this using IDE4 or should I get the superceded pmmc loader and try that? Cheers,Evan
          Cheers,
          Evan.

Comment

The PmmC Loader tool in workshop will be able to load that.

You just need to put it in 'manual' mode
            Mark

Comment

Thanks again. It worked a treat. The old 'Serial Command Set' seems more capable (minus sound etc.) than the latest one. Is that because of the move to a more embedded code model?
              Cheers,
              Evan.

Comment

The old 'Serial Command Set' seems more capable (minus sound etc.) than the latest one.
                Note sure why you say that, the new one has many, many, more commands than the old one. The old one is, perhaps, more CISC than the new one, since the new one separates a lot of commands that used to be all together. Since you tend to use the same colour most of the time, why would you want to have to keep telling the display which colour to use every time you send a string command.

The new command set also executes quite a bit faster.

The old manual should be available from the downloads tab here http://old.4dsystems.com.au/prod.php?id=230
                Mark

Comment

Working...
                X