Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uOLED-160-G1 and raspberry Pi goldeloxdemo: NAK returned data = 0x00

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a relatively old but unused uOLED-160-G1 on a Raspberry Pi, with the latest library and demo code from github.

The display is wired up via a custom harness, but it has been triple-checked: Tx and Rx are properly 'crossed' (uOLED pin 3 Tx to RPi pin 10 Rx etc.);
    The display powers up and displays the scrolling boot screen (with (c) 2009);
    The library and code have been build according to the instructions;
    /boot/cmdline.txt had been edited to """ dwc_otg.lpm_enable=0 console=ttyAMA0,115200 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rootfstype=ext4 elevator=deadline rootwait """;
    /etc/inittab has had the """T0:23:respawn:/sbin/getty -L ttyAMA0 115200 vt100""" commented;
    The RPi has been rebooted from the command line (not by pulling the plug, several times)

Running ./goldeloxdemo freezes the scrolling boot screen, and says:
    * [email protected] ~/oled/goldelox/Goldelox-Serial-Linux-Library-master/BigDemo $ time ./goldeloxdemo
    * Serial 4D Library reports error NAK returned data = 0x00
    * real 0m1.377s
    * user 0m0.050s
    * sys 0m0.240s

Pulling the reset line low works, and restarts the scrolling.

I have tried to test the display with Workshop 4.2.0.8, but it fails to install on my Windows 8, with "Specified file is not found." (or rather, in French: "Le fichier spécifié est introuvable.", but that is the MS-supplied translation)

How can I control this display? Does it need an update? The Tx and Rx lines might have been uncrossed in a test a long time ago, would this have likely fried something?

Thanks,
    Jonathan

I have tried to test the display with Workshop 4.2.0.8, but it fails to install on my Windows 8, with "Specified file is not found." (or rather, in French: "Le fichier spécifié est introuvable.", but that is the MS-supplied translation)
    Where and when does this come up? Are there any preceding messages?

How can I control this display? Does it need an update? The Tx and Rx lines might have been uncrossed in a test a long time ago, would this have likely fried something?
    This should not have caused any issues. However, check that the two 'protection' resistors for TX and RX are still intact. Without knowing the board revision you have Just check the low value resistors in the 'strip' adjacent to the connector.
    Mark

Comment

Working...
    X