Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testing the Scope Object

Good evening all...

I am trying to setup a VisiGine project to create a display for an engine information system, and wanted to use the scope object to display trend data. I set things up for 4 traces but can't seem to be able to select each trace to send data to using the GTX program.. The layout work for the whole project isn't complete yet, but attached, is what I have done so far... I can't seem to find any relevant information in the PDF manuals detailing this object... Has anyone tried playing around with this yet..?

Thanks in advance for any help with this..!! Attached files 7-inch_EIS_Display.zip (6.6 KB)
    "Questing the Killer 4D App"

Try working through the Genie scope sample that comes with Workshop, it has a bit of text on the screen that might help.

Maybe also app note D4004
    Mark

Comment

I had already paged through the PDF file before deciding to use the scope object and didn't find any mention of how to properly send data to the 4 different traces... But, I did find a HEX file called "4traces.hex" to send to the display using the GTX program. This seemed to produce 3 sine waves in a 3phase relationship, (nice), and a stepped square wave pattern for the fourth trace. Ok... seems to work... After looking at the transmitted data, it seems to suggest that the data is sent is a "Chunk" of 4 transmit packets, one for each trace... OK, now I get it... I still couldn't find any mention of this in the PDF files... Maybe I just missed it...

So, the next question is... If I am going to use all 4 traces, is it best to set the "refresh increment" to 4, matching the number of incoming data packets before plotting the new data points to the display..?

Seems to make sense to me... I will give it a go ...

Thanks 4-D, awesome object..!!! Please keep new ones coming..!

Comment

The ViSi - Genie Reference describes what the properties do, for refresh increment it says

Mark

Comment

Ok... I see now how I missed it in the PDF files... I was looking at REV1.3 and not REV1.06... I thought that the 1.3 rev would be newer that the 1.06... (my bad)... Found at last... All seems good...

I will start writing the MCU side code to send data to the scope object... My only concern is that somehow the received data could get "out of sync" and possibly start sending the wrong data to the "next trace"...

Wouldn't it be better to send the 4 bytes (one for each trace) all in the same data packet ..? This would ensure that each trace got the correct data byte... I know that if your only using 1 of 4 traces, you would have to send the other 3 "dummy" bytes... but still, I think a better way to send the packet... I am sure it would complicate the inner working code inside the GPU...

Anyway, Thanks Mark for your time...

Comment

Working...
          X