Mulitple Forms With Visi-Genie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mulitple Forms With Visi-Genie

I would like to create a context-sensitive GUI using Visi-Genie. This would require the ability to dynamically display one of several different (compiled) forms (screens) depending on what button the user presses. Each form would have been created using Visi-Genie and (presumably) stored on the SD card.

I am using an ARM microcontroller that is interfaced to a uLCD-43PT display module through the serial comm port.

I have reviewed all of the application notes, user guides and this forum without finding any useful information.
    STEVEN A STARK

Section 8.5.1 of the 'Workshop user guide' describes how to get Genie programs to run from uSD.

App note P4016 has multiple forms
    Mark

Comment

It took a while but I found an icon in the Visi-Genie tool bar (in Workshop 4) that enables additional forms to be created. I also found a command in the Visi-Genie Reference document that enables a form object (along with all of its sub-objects) to be loaded programmatically. This is a very powerful combination!!
      STEVEN A STARK

Comment

I'm facing the same problem. I control the display via serial input and also want to switch forms.

are you using the "Write Object Value message"? i will give it a try.

do you have to disable all touchbuttons on other forms manually or does "write object value message" take care of this?

at the moment i create my forms with the IDE and i created different subroutines which activate all the elements of the respective form.
        But i do have to activate/deactivate the touch-function of each element which is not on the current active form manually.
        Otherwise currently not showed buttons catch the touch events and are flickering to the top and the whole screen gets messy

thanks,
        axel

Comment

Serial and Genie are completely different, there is no "Write Object Value message". To change forms in serial you must disable all other touch indexes yourself (use disable all, then enable the ones on the new form).
          Mark

Comment

ok, my fault. i always mix up the different programming environments

i thought there may be an easier solution but so my way wasn't wrong at all

Comment

Working...
            X