How can I change the 'mounting' text at start up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I change the 'mounting' text at start up

I want to change the text 'mounting...' at the start up of my 4D uLCD-43PCT to the name of our company's product.
    I am using 4DGenie. Anyone has any idea whether it's possible or not?

As a matter of interest, do you just want to change it, or delete it?

You can find and change it in C:\Program Files (x86)\4D Labs\4D Workshop 4 IDE\Genie\PICASO\P3.INC line 34 if edit that as a text file and save it the changes will apply to all programs on subsequent builds
    Mark

Comment

Thanks for the reply.
      Yes I want to change the text. I changed the text in the file you indicated and it works!
      But just for future reference do you know whether the file will be overwritten during updates?

Comment

If that file is changed by and update it will be overwritten.

We do have a todo on our list to add an option to suppress than message. We will expand the todo to allow changing it.
        Mark

Comment

I have another question but i'm not sure which forum to post it...
          I want to know whether if there is an instruction that I can use to write from my microcontroller(arduino mega2560) to the display in order to desactivate and make a an object (like winbutton) to disappear?
          Do you have any idea how to do this?

Comment

Only Winbuttons can be deactivated. The last note in the manual says "Note: If enabled as an option in the project tab, buttons can be disabled by writing 0xFFFF to them as their
            value. Buttons can be re-enabled by writing a ‘normal’, non 0xFFFF value to them."

Anything else requiring disabling could conceivably be done using Genie Magic.
            Mark

Comment

I managed to desactivate the winbuttons with the method you mention.
              For the other objects like user led buttons and string i'm interested to try out the 7 days trial of the genie magic and see what I can do with it.
              Can you direct me to where I can get more informations about how to desactivate these objects with Genie magic?
              Other than that I'm also wondering whether it's possible to do this with a more "rough" method like placing a string with the same color as the background and bring the string to the front or back depending on whether I want to activate the object hiding behind the string or not. Is this feasible?

P/S: sorry for the late reply, my old screen run out of space to add new codes (compilation error with enable buttons to be disabled..) so i didn't try it out until when the new screen arrived today

Comment

Can you describe what you are trying to achieve, so I can get some idea as to how it would best be done?

(A few pictures would help)
                Mark

Comment

Basically I want to be able to disable certain functions on the screen from the arduino microcontroller during startup.
                  There are two versions for the product we're developping, one with more functions and the other cheaper one with less functions available.
                  For simplicity we want to use the same 4D program for the two versions and modify the firmware to disable or enable the functions on the screen.
                  During start up the microcontroller will verify the version of the product and decide whether to send or not the instructions to disable and hide certain objects (some userbuttons, userleds, strings, one big trackbar and some led digits) on the screen.

Oh, by the way the new screen with more space is a diablo one so perhaps this thread should be moved to the other side?
                  I'll try to see what I can do for the pictures

Comment

If you only have one screen it would be best to duplicate it (one screen having the 'extra' components) and then only addressing the screen that is being used.

Width only 1 screen it might be possible to disable the objects by setting them to -1, but if they are inputs they will still respond. This would all need testing.

Mark

Comment

Thank you for the reply!
                      I managed to disable most of the elements I want to by writing -1 to them. I thought the "allow buttons to be disabled" in the software only works for winbuttons?
                      Anyways, there was 3 screens with objects to be disabled, 2 of the screens work out well only by writing -1 to the objects (userbuttons, userleds, strings, and trackbar)
                      One of them has led digits which didn't disable when I wrote -1 to them, so I decided to duplicate just this one. Overall the result is satisfying!

Comment

OK great that it worked for you.
                        Mark

Comment

Hi, my question is related to boot-up text but I am using 4D Designer. I want to change the text 'Buffering', 'Erasing' Programming' and 'mounting...' at the start-up of my 4D uLCD-43DCT-CLB to some power on test sequence. Does anyone have an idea whether it's possible or not? I tried to follow the above steps but I can only change 'Mounting' and no 'erasing, programming, and et...

Comment

Working...
                          X