uOLED-160G2 how to create a synchronization signal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uOLED-160G2 how to create a synchronization signal

Hi guys, it's my first time to ask here. I'm using the joystick guide in app note to display different shape of flashing rectangle by adjusting the potentiometer value. It works great. But here comes the problem, I want to add a synchronization signal which with the same flashing frequency of my flashing rectangle (1 Hz). Right now, I only used IO1 pin. Can I add a synchronization signal on IO2 pin? how could I do that? Thanks for your help!

Um, does it need to be syncronised to something external? If not why not use a timer.

That should be pretty straight forwards, something like

pin_Set(INPUT, IO2); // set pin to input

if (pin_Read(PA2)) // if it's high

endif

Have you looked at the Goldelox internal functions reference? (hit PF1 when your project is open)
    Mark

Comment

Originally posted by ESPsupport View Post
      Um, does it need to be syncronised to something external? If not why not use a timer.

That should be pretty straight forwards, something like

pin_Set(INPUT, IO2); // set pin to input

if (pin_Read(PA2)) // if it's high

endif

Have you looked at the Goldelox internal functions reference? (hit PF1 when your project is open)

Thanks for your reply! Yes we need to capture the synchronized signal externally. Can I make the Pin 2 to output 1 Hz signal?

Comment

Sure, I'd probably just set the pin to output and use a timer, flipping the pin every time it expires. Won't be 1.00000 Hz, but I don't think you need it that accurate
        Mark

Comment

Sure, I'd probably just set the pin to output and use a timer, flipping the pin every time it expires. Won't be 1.00000 Hz, but I don't think you need it that accurate

I will try it out tomorrow! Thanks!

Comment

Hi Mark,
            Could you tell me how to flip the pin? I found the timer in that pdf but doesn't help me that much.

pin_Set(OUTPUT, IO2); // set pin to input

*TIMER0 := 1000 ; // set timer to time 1000ms

if (TIMER0 == 1000)
            pin_HI(IO2);

endif

Thanks

Comment

Something like this will do it

Code:
              func main()

pin_Set(OUTPUT, IO2);               // set pin to input
                  *TIMER0 := 1000 ;                   // set timer to time 1000ms
                  repeat

if (!*TIMER0)                   // timers count down, this will be true when timer has expired
                          if (pin_Read(IO2))          // if high
                              pin_LO(IO2);            // make it low
                          else                        // else
                              pin_HI(IO2);            // make it high
                          endif
                          *TIMER0 := 1000 ;           // reset timer to time 1000ms
                          endif
                  forever

endfunc
              Mark

Comment

Working...
              X