Volume Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volume Control

I am currently playing around with the sounds object on the 7" Diablo 16 unit. I wanted the user to be able to control the volume of the sounds, so I setup a Knob object (values 0-100) and an LED digits object on a form. I setup the Events for the Knob to: on changing, set Leddigits, (so the user can see the value of the knob setting) and on changed, sounds0volume...

I could handle this by passing all this to an from the external MCU controller, but this should be able to be handled inside the display itself... When I compile the project, I can move the knob object around, but don't get any knob values showing up on the led digits or any change in sound output volume... Not sure what I'm doing wrong here...? Thanks for any advice..!
    "Questing the Killer 4D App"

Have a look at the SoundPlayer, Picaso ViSi Genie sample (which will work on Diablo)
    Mark

Comment

Sorry that I have to dig out this old thread, but are all demos in the "Picasso ViSi Genie" folder also compatible with Diablo? I don't see a "Diablo ViSi Genie" folder although all your modern Gen4 displays seem to run on Diablo. Very confusing for a new user...

Comment

Hi Anguel,

are all demos in the "Picasso ViSi Genie" folder also compatible with Diablo?
        Yes, Picaso ViSi Genie project files should run on any gen4 display module with Diablo16 processor.

Best regards,
        Sherwin

Comment

Hi Sherwin,

Thank you for the information, I now noticed that the related information has now been updated in the latest developer preview you posted in another thread.
          Now I also noticed that when I load a demo project for a 5" display with CLB the project loads outside the visible area of the display. Is this expected and is there a quick way to fix this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Demo Project Outside of Display.png
Views:	29
Size:	226.7 KB
ID:	69851

Thanks,

Anguel

Comment

Hi Anguel,

I opened the same demo project, and noticed that it is meant to be displayed in portrait mode. Please try to manually change the orientation of your display in Workshop's Project tab to Portrait.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	23
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	69854
            I hope this helps.

Best regards,
            Sherwin
            Attached Files

Comment

This is not the problem, the demo project still appears offscreen if I change orientation. Even worse, if I close and start a completely new project this demo project from now on somehow gets "injected" into the new project and appears behind it. I thought this has something to do with the pre-release version I installed, but on a second PC (totally different configuration) I installed the latest official version from your website and the same strange bugs appear. Or sometimes I open a project and the complete interface stays blank. I then have to restart workshop. Sorry, but Workshop looks pretty buggy to me :-(

Comment

• ESPsupport
                ESPsupport commented
                Editing a comment
                If you think you find a bug please document it in point form so that that we can attempt to recreate it and hence get it fixed. ATM we have no idea what you are trying to say.

• Anguel
                Anguel commented
                Editing a comment
                Here you can see what happens:
                https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JG...NxjyGEPpjBxjj7

This is in the pre-release Workshop 4.6.0.17 but I'm pretty sure I could reproduce the problem also in the current official release.

• ESPsupport
                ESPsupport commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for that, we'll get that fixed. It's really just visual artifacts left over from the failed opening of the PRO project. It doesn't exist anywhere in your program, it's just on the screen.
            Working...
            X