Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hearing audio input on the audio (pin 16 on expansion header)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hearing audio input on the audio (pin 16 on expansion header)

The only way I can hear audio input on the audio pin is to have a audio object defined, started playing, and then paused. I can define a empty ( or small ) wave file, start it, and then pause the file from the external app. Is there a better way of doing this?

What are you attempting to achieve?
    Mark

Comment

I am using a teensy 3.1 with the new audio shield to process line level audio, being able to use the built in amplifier and speaker would be a good thing, otherwise will have to use another amplifier and speaker. The teensy listens to audio from a radio base station, filters and detects various control tones and passes the audio to a line level output which need amplified to be heard.

Comment

OK, I think I understand a bit better.

What else are you using the display for?
        Mark

Comment

General UI stuff, decoded data from base, encoded data to go to base, audio level setting.............sliders, string, buttons oH My

Comment

OK, so you are putting Genie to good use.

After you have compiled your program, click 'Save as', pick a new program name and change 'save as type' to ViSi.

This will being up the Genie source.

Do a find in 'main()' to find the actual start of the program, then insert this line after the 'var' statement

pin_LO(AUDIO_ENABLE);

Now compile this new, modified program and see if it works the way you want. (Depending on your display model you may need to use pin_HI instead).

You will still need to modify the Genie program when required and 'save as' and modify again, but hopefully that will achieve what you want in the 'best' way.
            Mark

Comment

Thanks Mark, Sounds like something to do late in the design cycle, will test and make sure it works

Comment

Working...
              X