Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uLCD-24PTU - uUSB-PA5 connection issues

Hi all

I have a uLCD-24PTU which I am using for a project. Everything has been working perfectly with the uUSB-PA5 and cables that I am using for a few weeks now on both of my computers.
    Today while I was working on my code suddenly the display stopped being detected by the workshop on either computer (I'm using the same cables in the same configuration and the workshop is looking at the right com port.)

The issue started occurring while I was testing out the part of my code which reads the status of two of the GPIO pins to get the module id (the final project will have three displays with different id's so that they can talk).
    The pins were being supplied 5v from the 5v supply pin on the lcd. I'm not sure if this caused the issue or is unrelated.

As suggested elsewhere on here I have tried probing the reset line on the PA5 with a multimeter while clicking on the check connection button in the workshop and the reset line does not go low.
    By manually connecting the reset pin on the board I am able to reset the screen but I cannot manually trick the workshop into detecting it.

Is the issue with the uUSB-PA5 or the display?
    Is there any way to fix this or will I have to replace one of them? If so which one???

Thanks
    Don

Hmm, it really sounds lie the PA5 has blown its 'reset' transistor (or some other part of that circuitry), although how that could happen with what you said you were doing at the time sure seems odd.

If you link TX to RX on the PA5 without a display connected, does the terminal program echo characters? If so that would suggest the reset circuit is failing. Checking that unlinking TX and RX stops the characters echoing also 'proves' that you have the correct com port selected.
    Mark

Comment

Sorry I forgot to mention it but I did also try linking the TX and RX on the PA5, it echos back the characters just fine when connected.

Thanks
      Don

Comment

So a new PA5 seems like what you need
        Mark

Comment

Hmm well it's better than having to replace the screen at least.

Thanks again
          Don

Comment

Working...
          X