No announcement yet.

New uCam-II Arduino library

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the great support and effort. this is a great forum for new ones to learn from great peoples.
    Thanks

Comment

One more thing this output is jpeg. if i want a raw output how can i get it????
      Last edited by mansoor; 13th October 2015, 08:34 PM.

Comment

You need to set up the camera to send RAW images. You should be able to find the relevant commands in the camera's datasheet

Arduino does not have the RAM to decode JPEGS or the speed to decode JPEGS in any reasonable period of time.

Mark

Comment

I tried to setup the camera to send RAW images by using the commands provided in the datasheet. The code seems to be working but i am not sure whether the output is a raw or not. Other than that i am not getting the complete output after few bytes transferred the transmission stops. Any ideas why?
          Following is the output.
          Attached Files

Comment

I can't see what sort of image you were requesting in that file, it just seems to log received information.

Regardless, the protocol is different for RAW images, it looks like the library you have does not have code to receive RAW images.

Can I ask why you are using Arduino? It hasn't got a display, so there's not much you can do with an image on it, I wouldn't have thought
            Mark

Comment

I change the jpeg commands in the library with the raw commands and got the above output, whatelse i need to change.
              Actually i am using arduino because i want to design a proto type of Visual sensor network and arduino fit well for it.
              i have to test my compression scheme (power and transmission time), so for that first i need a raw image than i will apply my compression scheme on it and finally i will be transmitting it using xbee. That is what i am into.

Comment

The library seems to have no support at all for RAW images, so you will have to do this yourself.

Again I wonder why Ardiono?

If you are going to compress the image using your own algorithm where are you going to store it whilst you are compressing it?

You wont be able to compress and transmit 'on the fly', Arduino just doesn't have the grunt
                Mark

Comment

Oh means i need to write some thing for RAW images.
                  well most of the Wireless sensor implementation is done on arduino that's why i preferred it (do you have any other suggestions).
                  I will use SD card to store the data on arduino and then do all the processing.

Comment

Hi. i found the following libraries to capture raw image. kindly if you can guide me how to access it using the C code.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X