Serial com with SK-43DT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No that wont affect RAM.

You don't have #MODE RUNFLASH so your program will be running from RAM anyway.

There is a 28KB limit on load to ram RAM programs due to the buffer requirements of the download protocol
    Mark

Comment

I didn't know about RUNFLASH. It runs from flash when I set the project to run flash in workshop. I was running in RAM until the file got the too large error and then I switched to flash.

I have loaded both programs to flash. The one in bank 0 gets status from the host on power up. If it needs to run the program in bank 1, it does a run_flash(1). It works great from power on when not connected to the PC.

In a future revision Workshop could print:
      "Program will run from ram so total initial RAM size = 29476 bytes out of 28000 total

I till have about 11% of the flash left. I think that will do for future revisions. This product is pretty mature.

Al

Comment

There's a short app note that you might like to read http://www.4dsystems.com.au/appnote/4D-AN-00039/

There's 32k of RAM, it's just that a program cannot exceed 28k to be downloaded directly to RAM.
        Mark

Comment

Thanks Mark,

I understand that. It is just a bit misleading when the compiler tells you 32K. No biggie. Minor detail. I was just hoping that didn't apply to flash as well and it appears not to.

Comment

Working...
          X