Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uLCD-32PTU Touch

Hi all

I am using the uLCD-32PTU with a microcontroller (Serial comm). I have a problem with the touch response, it takes too long to respond with touch coordinates making my design slow an irritating. I used to use the uLCD-32PT(SGC) and the touch response was immediate. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I send a command serially to notify me of touch release, I then request the touch coordinates, this works but it is very slow and unreliable. But when I use the same display with R22.PmmC PMMC file loaded it works fine with my old program. does any one know what could be the problem?

Are you using SPE, or have your done your own ViSi / Designer code?

The Clock SPE demo uses touch and is quite responsive even at 9600 baud. The more touch intensive DRAW demo is a tad noticeable at 9600 but is 'normal' at 19200.
    Mark

Comment

Yes I am using SPE, I continuously send the get touch status command (FF37 0000) until it returns touch release status (0x060002), I then request the X and Y touch coordinates. The display is responding but I have to press several times to successfully receive touch release respond.

Thanks

Comment

What baud rate are you using and how is your microcontroller connected? (i.e. just simple wires to the display close by, or is there some sort of remoteness involved).

You say 'touch release', surely you mean 'touch press'?
        Mark

Comment

I am using 9600 baud rate and the display is connected using 10cm wire. I want the display to respond only when the button is released, hence I wait for touch release status.

Comment

I finally realized that the problem was with my code. when I request the touch status there was a 1 second delay in the code which slowed down everything and made the system unreliable. sorry for the trouble and thanks again.

Comment

Working...
            X