Different status for Read Object Status of Form0 vs other forms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different status for Read Object Status of Form0 vs other forms

For my application, I've chosen to poll all of the forms that have been implemented. I have Form0...Form4.

My goal is to implement a function that can determine if a particular form is displayed or not. After some experimentation
    I found that by reading object status for a specific form results in a report object status msg with LSB value set to 1 if displayed or 0 if not displayed.
    The documentation does not specifically indicate this is the way to poll for active forms or state of a form, but I thought it reasonable and through
    experimentation have come to this conclusion.

It doesn't appear that Form0 responds this way. When I poll for all the other forms (form1...form4) I get
    the desired effect. However, reading object status of form0 always returns 0 in the LSB.

I would appreciate confirmation that my conclusion is right and why it may not work with form0?

If this is not the right approach to poll the state of a form, how can I determine which form is active, without using ReportEvent for each form?

thanks

Update

Upon further experimentation it appears that Read Object Status on a form ignores the object index and returns a Report Object status with the active form's object index....even better if this holds up.

Thanks

Comment

That is what it is designed to do, so it will 'hold up'
      Mark

Comment

Working...
      X