Saving project files and directory structure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saving project files and directory structure

I am trying to follow some examples to learn how to use Visi and am finding issues when trying to compile my work. When you run the example from that folder, Picaso, Diablo etc it compiles OK because all the Needed include files are in that structure.
    However copying and pasting code snippets from the example files will not compile in another folder.
    1) Are the INCLUDE files and other library files the same for each platform? Example there is a LedDigitsConstInc file in Diablo as well as Picaso
    2) How should I construct the folder where I save all my work so that all needed files can be seen when using the widgets?

I keep getting errors "Cant open include file c:\workfolder where you save etc..... file does not exist.

Surely the IDE should have all its required files and libraries in one location and know where to find them when compiling, no matter where you save your work files. Example, Arduino IDE has only 1 set of Libraries/Samples/Includes etc.

Thanks

The 'common' folder for all include files is generally
    C:\Program Files (x86)\4D Labs\4D Workshop 4 IDE\INCLUDE
    or
    C:\Program Files\4D Labs\4D Workshop 4 IDE\INCLUDE
    depending on your OS bitness

The current project folder is also searched.

The programnameconst.inc is dynamically produced/updated when you build a ViSi project, it is stored in the programname.4DWork folder which is beneath the project folder, so that folder is also searched.

So for your own 'common' include / inherit files you can put them in either the first or the second location.

Another thing you can do is have a folder structure like

my projects
    project 1
    project 2

and put your common stuff in the 'my projects' folder and inherit the common files like this
    #inherit "..\\commonfile1.inc"

Mark

Comment

Working...
    X