Response Time of uLCD-70DT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Response Time of uLCD-70DT

I am evaluating the suitability of the uLCD-70DT for incorporation into the design of a metering display for an RF power amplifier. I probably would use VisiGenie to implement my display application.

I want to display several operating parameters that are varying in real time. The parameter values will be sampled every 100 or 200 milliseconds. I plan to use a "bar graph display" on the uLCD-70DT to display the value of each of the varying parameters.

Will the uLCD-70DT provide a bar graph display that can follow the changing sampled values? Specifically, can the bar graph display track the parameter values that are changing at the rate of one change every 100-200 milliseconds? If not, how fast can the bar graph display track the changing parameter values?

If I change the display from an LED bar graph to a gauge with a needle pointer, can the gauge display track the parameter values that are changing every 100-200 milliseconds? If not, how fast can a gauge display track changing parameter values?

Thanks,

Charlie

The Diablo series displays can write 'images' to the display at about 1.22Mpixels/sec.

The update rate is totally determined on the size of the image updated.

So the default gauge at 20*169 would update in about 3ms

The default meter at 240*105 would update in about 21ms

You need to add serial overhead to that, at 9600 baud that will add about 6ms, but if you up the baud rate that is easily cut down.
    Mark

Comment

Working...
    X