Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moving from uLCD-43PT to a uLCD-70DT Display for my project?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving from uLCD-43PT to a uLCD-70DT Display for my project?

I have completed a project that uses the uLCD-43PT serially driven by an Arduino and have considered moving to the uLCD-70DT for a larger screen size.
    The first LCD uses a Picaso Processor and the second a Diablo16 processor.
    Can I load the 43 Genie project and then change the display type under the Projects Tab?
    I am sure that it will not be that easy.
    Lee Snook

Hi Lee

yeah its that easy

Regards
    James

Comment

OK, I did. But this is the compile error;
      Note: 1 PinOutput Timer in use.
      Note: 0 Button Animation Timers in use.
      Error: can't resolve value of 'IO1_PIN' for data InpPin[0] (line 330 file:C:\Users\Lee\Lee's Files\Radios\RX4 4-19-14\Genie\u-CD-70DT\u-CD-70DT Test 1.4DWork\u-CD-70DT Test )
      Error: can't resolve value of 'IO1_PIN' for data InpPin[1] (line 330 file:C:\Users\Lee\Lee's Files\Radios\RX4 4-19-14\Genie\u-CD-70DT\u-CD-70DT Test 1.4DWork\u-CD-70DT Test )
      Error: can't resolve value of 'IO1_PIN' for data InpPin[2] (line 330 file:C:\Users\Lee\Lee's Files\Radios\RX4 4-19-14\Genie\u-CD-70DT\u-CD-70DT Test 1.4DWork\u-CD-70DT Test )
      Error: can't resolve value of 'IO1_PIN' for data InpPin[3] (line 330 file:C:\Users\Lee\Lee's Files\Radios\RX4 4-19-14\Genie\u-CD-70DT\u-CD-70DT Test 1.4DWork\u-CD-70DT Test )
      Error: can't resolve value of 'IO1_PIN' for data OutPin[0] (line 332 file:C:\Users\Lee\Lee's Files\Radios\RX4 4-19-14\Genie\u-CD-70DT\u-CD-70DT Test 1.4DWork\u-CD-70DT Test )
      5 errors
      0 warnings
      61 notices

Thanks James
      Lee Snook

Comment

Yeah, well, the pins have different names on Diablo, once you change them, that should be about it. (unless you are using Genie Magic and have some display specific code.)
        Mark

Comment

Hi Lee,

Right so you are using the Pins in Genie, so you need to go to the Pin Objects in the object inspector window, and just change the 'pin' parameter to point to the Diablo16 version of the GPIO you are using, as 'IO1' etc is PICASO, so you will need to change it to 'PA1' for example, to suit Diablo - but check the schematic on the 70DT to make sure you select the appropriate GPIO for where you have things wired up.
          James

Comment

I am not aware of any "pins" that I am using other than the 5 pin tx/rx serial cable.
            Lee Snook

Comment

From the error listings it looks like you have one 'Pin Output' and 4 'Pin Input's in your program (They are under the I/O tab and can always be found on Form0)

If you don't need these objects just select them using the combobox in the object inspector and press the 'Del' key.
              Mark

Comment

Thanks, that was it. Not sure why I created these pins?
                Lee Snook

Comment

35DCT using gen4 PA

Form 0 - LogoScreen // activate menu
                  Form 1 - 8- 4DButtons// attach PinOutput (pulse 5000) - no report on PinOutput or 4D Button
                  Form 2 - same as Form 1

I have successfully powered on my display and loaded program to flash and saved Program files on SD card then mounted.

I used the gen4 PA- GPIO to connect to 8 channel relay. I pushed buttons and nothing happened. I read in the app notes this morning that attach Report to controller. Do i have to do the same if its just going straight to the relay?

I connected power and ground from relay separate. I tried connecting power and ground from gen4 PA for relays but my screen froze and needed restart.

Button set to Momentary.

Comment

perhaps it is a better idea to start a new thread than post in a 2 year old one

you speak of "report" a couple times, yet you say your relays are on the lcd's gpio, are you using just the lcd or both lcd&mcu together?

how is your wiring for the relays? the lcd pins can do 10mA, so use it wisely. and the code would help as well

Tony

Comment

note taken. moved post to New Topic -gen4 PA - GPIO to relays

Thank you

Comment

Working...
                      X